Hi guys, I'm an EET student at Purdue and I have a lot of friends in bands in the Indianapolis area. I'd love to make up a batch of 10ish fuzz stompboxes and give them to all those guys for christmas just for fun. Fuzz's are easy as hell and I'd make them purposely very unique (read: sloppy). Anyways, the guts of the circuit wouldn't be hard to scavange from a half dozen old radios/cassette players, but the enclosures is what's looking like will be a problem. I need a small box of some kind of sturdy metal that I can mount a fairly heavy switch in and knobs and whatnot.
I have access to fairly decent machining equipment, so I can do some simple stuff. So far all I've got is an old ashtray from my dad's 70's dodge work van. Anything else like that that you guys could suggest to get the ball rolling would be very appreciated.
Thanks!
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
cans of soup/tuna?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Most_Triumphant
cans of soup/tuna?

Not a bad idea, I feel like that'd generally be too small though. I might make one out of it though just for fun.

I like the creativity though, that's exactly what I was hoping for! thanks man
Quote by Strato-Massacre

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Things like large mint containers, popcorn tins would pry work. tho I'd question some of there durability.
My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR Special.
EpiG400 lefty w/Dimarzio X2N/ Irongear Hot Slag
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
2x12 Cab w/ WGS v30 / gt65
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah truebypass
ICP Gstring Decimator
The earliest Lovepedals were built into electrical junction boxes, that's kind of cool and cheap.
Keep em coming guys, I love it.
Quote by Strato-Massacre

Quote by Kensai
I use these http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Betts-B112HBR-Handy-Box/dp/B000BO8WXMg
and these http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Betts-HB1BL-Handy-Blank/dp/B001APYLCC with appropriate holes drilled wherever I want them.

The Fuzz Face comes in an unusual housing. Very large, especially considering there's almost no actual circuitry in there.

I also built one in one of these things once, but I gave it to a friend years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5vF_K1mON8
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Last edited by CJ Noble at Oct 22, 2011,
Quote by Wisthekiller
An old bookshelf. Yes it will be inconveniently large. That's the point. Also spread the circuitry out to the whole thing to necessitate it.

iChuckled
My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR Special.
EpiG400 lefty w/Dimarzio X2N/ Irongear Hot Slag
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
2x12 Cab w/ WGS v30 / gt65
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah truebypass
ICP Gstring Decimator
military ammo box?
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
I think the tins that are used for biscuits and various gift sets would be a good choice. Someone here made an amp (or two?) with a tin, so I'm sure pedals would work too. At least I think that happened.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by bluekirby7
military ammo box?

not a bad idea, I might have to do an amp in one of those.
Quote by bluekirby7
military ammo box?

Thats a cool idea. I want to do something in one of those now.

EDIT: ^Oh christ, thats almost identical...
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
Last edited by Speckled_Hen at Oct 22, 2011,
Quote by Speckled_Hen
Thats a cool idea. I want to do something in one of those now.

Yeah I just thought of it cause I saw a geocache container that was an ammo case. It was legit!
Current Stage Gear
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by bluekirby7
Yeah I just thought of it cause I saw a geocache container that was an ammo case. It was legit!

I've spent the last half hour looking at army surplus sites thanks to you. I never knew you could buy a parachute for 20 quid :P
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
Wire together all the components without a board and then connect wires that run to each of the various external bits (jacks switches, batter) and then submerge the entire circuit in clear epoxy. Preferably with an LED or two in there. Then mount that on top of a small box with the switches and jacks and such.
Quote by Speckled_Hen
I've spent the last half hour looking at army surplus sites thanks to you. I never knew you could buy a parachute for 20 quid :P

And I didn't know that either! haha. I could buy one and jump off my house
Current Stage Gear
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
put them in an old RC car or one of those car banks.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by Speckled_Hen

they're probably really old, they'll still feel like jumping off a 20 foot building. remember to tuck and roll
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
Electric boxes are excellent.
Iberville makes good ones, the tabs are a lot harder to get out than others I've used.
You'd have to get the ones for use on the outside of a wall made specifically for EMT cable/tubes.
..I was watching my death.