May I know why are LTD basses generally not preferred?
Is it that they really sound like crap, or that one is able to get better sounding gear at the same price range?
Quote by frozentuna
one is able to get better sounding gear at the same price range

^^^This is my experience of them.

They do make some great basses but none I could really justify buying.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by frozentuna
May I know why are LTD basses generally not preferred?
Is it that they really sound like crap, or that one is able to get better sounding gear at the same price range?

They actually sound quite nice, I've had a couple of them. But your second point is the main one. Their high end's are amazingly nice, and are competitively priced. Their mid-range drops off quite a bit on that scale and you could get a similar/higher quality Schecter or Ibanez for the same price. And the budget series I strongly recommend to avoid

The thing with them is a lot of people buy them based on looks (most of those basses are in the mid range) and then after they play an Ibby, Fender or whatever and realize they could have a much nicer bass and warn people to not buy them.
Paid $500 for mine new and I think it's better than a lot of basses around that range. 3-band eq, ebony fretboard, neck-through construction, and good hardware. I don' understand why people bad mouth them because mine is just as good as other basses. Maybe I just got lucky, but I rarely see people on this forum with the nicer LTDs, usually just the beginner ones.
Their B-Series sixguns are fine basses. If I were looking for a reasonably priece six, this would be on my list.

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Half the people in these forums need to be smacked with a forklift though...... /endattack

everyone has their preferences. Ultimate there is nothing wrong with LTD Basses.
I have a USA spector, Euro spector, USA Jazz bass and I choose to play my LTD on stage, because it gives the sound I need which is a massive punchyness. I can use my euro spector... but due to the cost of it i feel hesitant bringing it into sydney city for gigs.. if it got stolen well thats the end of my euro spector.

Also I prefer the necks on esp/ltd to alot of others... ibanez necks are good but apart from the SR5005E i think there all ugly as hell.
thunderbritches got it right when I decided to get my LTD F-105 some months back.
I just had to get a Forest because of its design, and since ESPs and Grassroots cost way over my budget, I went with this.

Guess this is considered to be among their budget priced ones?
I don't find anything particularly wrong with it, then again, I haven't had the chance to really try the more popular stuff like Ibanez and Fenders.
I own a F-414FM it's good bass but I much prefer my Fender Jazz V.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!