My mate is selling a used Epi LP for £50. It's 5 years old, he says that he has absoloutly no time for me to come and play it as he's ''too busy''. I sense something fishy. He said he bought it new for £110 on gear for music, I checked online and they're about £350 new atm. But I'm a try before you buy kinda guy. I really wana try it but he's refusing very bluntly and won't move. Should I go for it or not? He's got one pick of it, it seems alright, but how can he sell it for that cheap?
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...

I'd NEVER buy a used guitar unless I play it first, or am offered a money back Guarantee, say if I buy on E-bay.

if he's too busy, he doesn't really want to sell it...

my Opinion...
I sell things cheap to my friends all the time. He might not need the money that badly. Clearly you're not best of friends, though, if you've never played it before and he doesn't have time for you to go see it.

It really depends on the model. If it's a Special II or a Les Paul 100, I wouldn't bother. If it's a Standard, that's a great deal. Show us the picture!

Either way, play it before you buy. You'll know better than we will if he's acting weird or if he's just really busy.
Sounds like that bolt on neck Special II or something to me.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
DO NOT buy it without playing it first. Especially at that price. Sounds sketch.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
It's a Standard. He does sound really weird. I mean I just asked for 5 minutes and he said that he's busy until mid-2012. I mean I'm just asking for 5 minutes =P
Quote by Skiny boy89
It's a Standard. He does sound really weird. I mean I just asked for 5 minutes and he said that he's busy until mid-2012. I mean I'm just asking for 5 minutes =P

He sounds like a douche, or he really doesn't like you. Either way, it's probably not a good deal.
Quote by bragglefraggle
buy it. if it doesnt work, throw it at him
worth it

That sounds good too.
On one hand you should try it out first but if you can't I'd buy it anyway, it may turn out to be no good but for £50 you would be more comfortable with thrashing about on with it on stage.

So i say buy it.

edit - and if you don't play on stage often or at all, it would still be good if you are going away and want to bring a guitar, you wouldn't be so worried about losing or damaging something which cost £50.
Last edited by Roxxie Roxx at Oct 21, 2011,
Quote by bragglefraggle
worth it

This is pretty sound advice right here.
Quote by bragglefraggle
worth it

Yea.. or do that.. LMAO