Hey all,

I've got a dean hardtail bass with active EMG's and for some reason the 9 volt batteries I buy seem to get obliterated by these things (I've had to replace it 3 times in past 2 months)

I've tried buying different brands (duracell, energizer, no name's) but no matter what they seem to burn out.

Could it be a wiring issue and the pickups are drawing too much power? Is there a certain brand and type of battery you'd recommend?

I do play quite alot of bass but from past experience i've never had to replace batteries like I do with this one.

Thanks in advance for the help and advice!
Do you unplug your cable when you are done?
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
I do unplug my guitar every time I finish playing which is why I found it so weird that they die as quick as they do
Quote by furiousfingers
I do unplug my guitar every time I finish playing which is why I found it so weird that they die as quick as they do

I found that if I didn't unplug my guitar, and turn all the volume and tone knobs to 0, it would die quickly. Try turning your knobs down.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
I will try that, I usually just leave them cranked up. Thanks for the help! Do you use a specific brand of battery over another?
WHAT kind of BS is this??? what do the knobs have to do with anything? you pull the cord and the preamp is still drawing voltage, it is the jack, not the knobs

if your turning down the knobs to lengthen the battery life in your bass Shirate, then you have the same problem.

take the cover off or find someone to and measure for voltage on the preamp when there is no cord attached if there is your jack is bad.

as far as batteries go any alkaline will work from radioshack made in china brand to the most expensive name brands, but either should last months not days or hours.
Quote by amimbari
WHAT kind of BS is this??? what do the knobs have to do with anything? you pull the cord and the preamp is still drawing voltage, it is the jack, not the knobs

if your turning down the knobs to lengthen the battery life in your bass Shirate, then you have the same problem.

take the cover off or find someone to and measure for voltage on the preamp when there is no cord attached if there is your jack is bad.

as far as batteries go any alkaline will work from radioshack made in china brand to the most expensive name brands, but either should last months not days or hours.

No need to be so harsh, that being said, that is good advice.
Quote by thunderbritches
I would still call him a regular musician...just a very irregular person lol

Warwick Pro Series Corvette
Hartke HA 3500
Genz Benz LS410
Yes, it sounds like you've got a wiring problem. Probably some over-solder made a connection that isn't supposed to be there and this is what is draining your battery. Have a tech check it out. It should be an easy and cheap fix.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley

Basically this, but I got a few (expensive) energizer hi-power thingies from a local music store when I had my battery compartment worked on and they might have lasted longer than usual in my pedal and bass. Definitely not tested, and not significant enough to warrant the cost difference.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.