I own a Squier Jagmaster, with everything on it stock. Including the "Duncan Designed" pickups which should like trash. Do you have any recommendations for other pickups?
real duncans?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
You could probably get a Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz kit for pretty cheap used. They aren't anything hand-wound and super special, but arguably better than the cheap asian stocks found in a lot of mid-level or entry guitars.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by W4RP1G
Ok, I'll be the one to ask. What amp are you using?

this.

a lot of people blame the pickups for a bad sound, post-haste, because of wishful thinking - it seems cheaper to replace the pickups than to replace the amp, but often the amp is the problem.

edit: ugh typos lol.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Oct 21, 2011,
It will make the guitar sound better. How much better and is it worth it? That is the question, and one that will be determined by the condition/type of wood in the body, quality of the neck, bridge and pots.

Also, your amp (though imo, pickups are a better investment if the rest of the instrument is nice; I think its a bigger leap in sound quality).
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
PAF's are the way to go.
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Unless it's a cheap little digital line 6 then the amp will show the change of pickups, what people should really be asking him what does is he looking for on his new pickups.

Dimarizo is good about answering emails/phone calls on what type of pickups you should get.

Seymour - Great company with quality pickups, not sure how they handle emails/phone calls though.

BareKnuckle - Best of the best for tone, they come at a hefty price though often costing double sometimes tripple what other pickups cost.
Quote by BigHeadClan
Unless it's a cheap little digital line 6 then the amp will show the change of pickups, what people should really be asking him what does is he looking for on his new pickups.

Dimarizo is good about answering emails/phone calls on what type of pickups you should get.

Seymour - Great company with quality pickups, not sure how they handle emails/phone calls though.

BareKnuckle - Best of the best for tone, they come at a hefty price though often costing double sometimes tripple what other pickups cost.

For my money, Dave Stephens' pickups (Stephens Design) are the best out there, especially if you're into blues-based rock or want a really authentic sounding PAF, but for most teenagers, his pickups are out of their price range.
Hi, I'm Peter