So, I have a dilemma. I just went to cancel a finance contract. Decided I didn't like the guitar and I wanted a different one. So, the shop said that if I cancel the finance, it'll affect my credit rating and I will probably get declined when I try take out a new one. So what we've done, is the shop has said I can have the value of the guitar to spend in shop on whatever I like and I just continue to pay the finance as planned. So I found a Fender Strat (1997 collectors edition) that I liked. I got that. I'll do a NGD in a bit, maybe. Now, I have £1000 left that I have to spend before the next payment is due out (C7th November).

This is the site I have to get it off. http://guitarvillage.co.uk/Default.aspx

Now, there's nothing I need or want. I don't want another guitar, I love my amp, I'm not big on pedals, and the few I do want will not come close to a grand. Anything you recommend? Like I said, it can be ANYTHING on that site.
Quote by chadreed32

Get a nice acoustic, bro.

This, get a nice acoustic-electric. And maybe 100 packs of strings to go with it and a few hundred picks, a few dozen cables etc. Then you're set for the next decade
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by chadreed32
You didn't like the supreme?

Get a nice acoustic, bro.

As much as I hate to say it, I got used to it and (swallowing my pride, leave it at that) I was wrong about it and most guys on here were right. I just felt that, despite it sounding good and looking great, it just wasn't worth £2599.

I can't justify that much on an acoustic. I don't play my current one.
maybe a nice acoustic?

and you say your not big on pedals but since you got 1000 to spend why not at least get a wah every guitarists needs a wah
or maybe an overdrive
or a chorus,delay,wammy pedal

or a looper those are alot of fun when playing by yourself
If you don't want a new guitar or amp, the only thing left to do is buy a bunch of accessories (strings/picks) or some other instrument like a ukulele or banjo.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by supersac
maybe a nice acoustic?

and you say your not big on pedals but since you got 1000 to spend why not at least get a wah every guitarists needs a wah
or maybe an overdrive
or a chorus,delay,wammy pedal

or a looper those are alot of fun when playing by yourself

I've got a wah I'm happy with. I have an LPB-1 I use for an overdrive, I have a delay I hardly use and a Polytune tuner. I want a chorus and a decent reverb pedal as the reverb on my amp sucks ass.
Get a load of recording kit. With that sort of money, you could get a multitracker or interface, decent mics, a bass/bass amp & drum machine/software and you'd have everything you'd need to set up an awesome home studio.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Get a load of recording kit. With that sort of money, you could get a multitracker or interface, decent mics, a bass/bass amp & drum machine/software and you'd have everything you'd need to set up an awesome home studio.

I'm restricted to what that site has. They do not do recording equipment, unfortunately. But thanks for the suggestion.
it's a big man that can admit when he was wrong and suck up his pride.

i hope i didn't come off too strong as well.

i'm quite happy with the hardwire reverb and chorus pedals i have. they are very versatile and worth every penny imo. good luck.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Like GaryBillington said, For £1000 you could get some really good recording equipment. Maybe record a few tracks and possibly make a demo tape? I'd love to do that one day, That's be a good idea?
Quote by gregs1020

i'm quite happy with the hardwire reverb and chorus pedals i have. they are very versatile and worth every penny imo. good luck.

Nah it's cool. I got a new guitar and it was the "Honeymoon period". I got all butthurt cuz people were insulting something I was very proud of at the time.

It kinda sucks spending money when you HAVE to Especially when there's nothing you want...
Why not just take the hit and cancel your credit? It shouldn't affect your rating too much, and even then it would only be temporary as your rating changes pretty much daily.

Also, is it the store which told you your credit rating would be affected? It could just be that they're misinforming you to keep the extra business. Contact the finance company directly and see what they say about it. The chances are any impact would be minimal, especially if you returned the guitar within a reasonable honeymoon period.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by coolstoryangus
Prs...

EDIT: I did browse them in the shop. There were some nice ones, but none that really appealed enough for me to try them :/
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Oct 21, 2011,
Don't get an acoustic over £400 , they can't justify the price as the wood costs nowhere near that.

Just get another fender , maybe a tele? or one with a humbucker.
Right. I think I've sorted it. Here's what I've got. Not finalized yet though.

-Boss BCB60 Pedal Board - would like my pedals tidy
-Boss CH-1 Super Chorus - been after that for a while
-Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail - reverb on my amp is crap
-Hughes and Kettner Tubemiester 18 watt head - could do with a decent, portable amp for practice
-Hughs and Kettner Tubemiester 1x12 cab
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Oct 21, 2011,
I would buy another guitar. Sell it and pay off the finance.

the Take it Away T&C suck.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
i recently bought a custom strat from the same place. they have a great range.

i would see if you can turn back in the strat you just got and blow the whole lot on the best custom strat you can get. you'll get a great guitar plus an inflation proof investment.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by coolstoryangus
Prs...

You know you are on this forum too much when you start getting the joke from a few days agos thread!!! Shame on me, I think Il play guitar instead.
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)
Get a bass, learn something new.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by GaryBillington
Why not just take the hit and cancel your credit? It shouldn't affect your rating too much, and even then it would only be temporary as your rating changes pretty much daily.

Also, is it the store which told you your credit rating would be affected? It could just be that they're misinforming you to keep the extra business. Contact the finance company directly and see what they say about it. The chances are any impact would be minimal, especially if you returned the guitar within a reasonable honeymoon period.

that is what i would do.

i don't know how you feel but having to spend that much money on stuff you wouldn't want would really suck. maybe take a hit? i do not know. of course all of this would depend on the rest of your debts and how you have paid them.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
1000£ is prolly enough to get a new amp. maybe something crazy that you wouldnt normally think of. I have no idea what kind of amp that would be for you but with that kind of money you can buy a ton of different amps, used ofc.

EDIT: OH. MINI RECTIFIER.
Last edited by Seanthesheep at Oct 22, 2011,
The small amp is a great idea I think. I was going to suggest it until I realised you had already mentioned it. Amp makers are doing great things with tubes in small packages these days.

Quote by gregs1020

I didn't know anything about the guitar, personally. I just didn't like the 'I'm better than you because my guitar is more expensive than yours' attitude.

Looks to me from the website that it was an in-store payment plan. I could be mistaken, but if the store doesn't get all the money initially agreed upon, they're the ones who are going to give him bad feedback for his credit rating.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Oct 22, 2011,
OP if that pic on your profile is you, you look young, protect your credit rating even if it is sucking up a loss.

and financing gear unless you really need it or are trying to establish credit.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
pickup that sexy whit socal charvel
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Butt Rayge
The small amp is a great idea I think. I was going to suggest it until I realised you had already mentioned it. Amp makers are doing great things with tubes in small packages these days.

I didn't know anything about the guitar, personally. I just didn't like the 'I'm better than you because my guitar is more expensive than yours' attitude.

Looks to me from the website that it was an in-store payment plan. I could be mistaken, but if the store doesn't get all the money initially agreed upon, they're the ones who are going to give him bad feedback for his credit rating.

I honestly didn't mean to come across like that. Sorry if I did.

And I'm using Pay4Later scheme. Honestly, I'm happy with everything, so I'm not gunna call the finance company or anything. I've found a few things that I could do with so it's all good.
You could try buying a guitar that holds its value ridiculously well (say another Fender) and then selling it for a slight loss.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I honestly didn't mean to come across like that. Sorry if I did.

And I'm using Pay4Later scheme. Honestly, I'm happy with everything, so I'm not gunna call the finance company or anything. I've found a few things that I could do with so it's all good.

It's okay anyway. It sucks you weren't happy with your purchase, and I hope that you weren't negatively influenced by us.

Of course, if it truly isn't worth what you paid for it, it's good that you traded it in.

I hope you're happy with all your extras you get with your Strat. (and the strat itself, of course.)