Just bought one of these and I'm getting the same note on the lower E string in fret 1 2 and 3 anyone any idea what's up?

TY
It probably just has the action set too low, take it in for a set up.
I like trains.
Last edited by MrCloudshoe at Oct 21, 2011,
Lots of buzzing too, surprised they let me walk out of the shop with it like this.
Sounds like a high fret, or the neck isn't properly set up/is warped, or the bridge/action is improperly set.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Did you buy this used, or new? but yea.. MrCloudshoe is right It needs to be looked at. did you not play it before you bought it? or did you buy online or something... Just curious
did you try it before you paid for it?

new?

used?

high fret maybe, neck may need relief, bridge could be too low.

pics or it's a PRS.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Papabear505
Did you buy this used, or new? but yea.. MrCloudshoe is right It needs to be looked at. did you not play it before you bought it? or did you buy online or something... Just curious

No I bought it brand new went in the store didn't try it to be honest as I'm just starting outish.

In other words I'm not that good.
Last edited by Gazbaz77 at Oct 21, 2011,
take it back and have the store tech set it up properly.
Quote by Gazbaz77
No I bought it brand new went in the store didn't try it to be honest as I'm just starting outish.

In other words I'm not that good.

You need to take it back to the store and explain the problem... as soon as possible...

Was this a Gibson Les Paul? how much did you pay for it?
Quote by Papabear505
You need to take it back to the store and explain the problem... as soon as possible...

Was this a Gibson Les Paul? how much did you pay for it?

No just an epiphone £330
Quote by GuitarzMyThing
There's your problem...

Why what's wrong with an epiphone?
Quote by Gazbaz77
Why what's wrong with an epiphone?

nothing.

all the advice stands. take it back and have it set up correctly so it plays right.
Quote by gregs1020
nothing.

all the advice stands. take it back and have it set up correctly so it plays right.

Yea it's at the shop now getting sorted.
Quote by GuitarzMyThing
There's your problem...

Ya know.. people tend to forget that the Epiphone company was founded in 1873 and was bought by Gibson in 1957 because at the time Epiphone was their main competition in their Market. Basically Gibson was scared of them. So now they've got a bad reputation, in your eyes.. Not sure why? All of the guitars that are made by "Epiphone" are designed by the same guys that do it for Gibson. One set of drawings makes a Les Paul Standard whether it's produced in Memphis, TN, or Korea, or China. Believe it or not, (and I'm sure you probably won't) the machines that make the bodies and necks are the same in either place. The only thing that's different is the production process. Gibson doesn't build in volume, and Epiphone does. This isn't the only difference, but I doubt you have the attention span to read my explination. The fact of the matter is that the end quality standards are the same. Don't get me wrong, a Gibson Made In America Les Paul is a better quality instrument than an Epiphone, but last I looked a Gibson Les Paul was $2000.00 give or take a few and I'd venture to bet that if we could do a blind test with both, you don't have the experience to hear the difference. They're both quality instruments in their own right. basically what your doing is comparing a Jaguar to a Mustang, which are really different cars, but at one time were both owned by Ford. Looking down on one brand or another because they don't cost as much makes you a snob... You don't want to be known as a snob do you?

Sorry for the Hijack Gazbaz... I'm glad to hear that it's being sorted out.. When they're done with it, take it home and enjoy it.
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Last edited by Papabear505 at Oct 22, 2011,
Quote by Papabear505
Ya know.. people tend to forget that the Epiphone company was founded in 1873 and was bought by Gibson in 1957 because at the time Epiphone was their main competition in their Market. Basically Gibson was scared of them. So now they've got a bad reputation, in your eyes.. Not sure why? All of the guitars that are made by "Epiphone" are designed by the same guys that do it for Gibson. One set of drawings makes a Les Paul Standard whether it's produced in Memphis, TN, or Korea, or China. Believe it or not, (and I'm sure you probably won't) the machines that make the bodies and necks are the same in either place. The only thing that's different is the production process. Gibson doesn't build in volume, and Epiphone does. This isn't the only difference, but I doubt you have the attention span to read my explination. The fact of the matter is that the end quality standards are the same. Don't get me wrong, a Gibson Made In America Les Paul is a better quality instrument than an Epiphone, but last I looked a Gibson Les Paul was $2000.00 give or take a few and I'd venture to bet that if we could do a blind test with both, you don't have the experience to hear the difference. They're both quality instruments in their own right. basically what your doing is comparing a Jaguar to a Mustang, which are really different cars, but at one time were both owned by Ford. Looking down on one brand or another because they don't cost as much makes you a snob... You don't want to be known as a snob do you?

Sorry for the Hijack Gazbaz... I'm glad to hear that it's being sorted out.. When they're done with it, take it home and enjoy it.

No problem and thanks.
Quote by Gazbaz77
Yea it's at the shop now getting sorted.

good. i hope it all works out.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Since Gibson (USA) can build over 700 guitars a day I would say that is definitely built in volume.

Hmmm 700 you say.. Ok.. so you think that Gibson stays in business making 150,000 guitars a year and selling them for $2,000.00 (a rough average) per year?

I'd say that perhaps the custom shop produces that many in a day... and no.. Thats not volume

just out of curiosity.. where'd you get 700 per day?
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!