Page 1 of 2
Right. You guys may remember my car crash of a NGD thread a while ago with the Les Paul Supreme that is "the best guitar ever".

Well, it's not. It turned out, after I got used to it, it was just a pretty face. I felt it was overpriced and should sound and play a shit load better than it did. Saying that, if it was priced maybe £700 less, it would be worth it.

So, went back to the store, returned it and picked out a new toy.

Here's a nice looking case.

Hmmm, Fender eh? But I'ma Gibson man!

Bolt on neck... Gold plated.. Plate. If you can't read it, it says "0045 of 1997 Collectors Edition".

Ok. It's a Fender Stratocaster. USA. '65 reissue. Made in 1997, so it's already 14 years old. They are limited to 1997 in quantity. This is number 45. All hardware is gold plated. It's in sunburst with tortoise shell scratchplate. It has 3 Texas Special Pickups., five way selector, the usual strat controls in the usual places.

This thing sounds awesome. It cost me £1599. Yeah, £1000 less than my Supreme. And it plays much better. It's extremely nice and I'm very happy with it. It's a good weight for a strat. Slightly heavier than the average strat, but I like it that way. It is jangly as shit. It's lovely. Cleans are awesome. My Les Paul Standard just doesn't get cleans like this. Neck pickup is very smooth and creamy and it gets slightly more trebly as you move towards the bridge. I love the combination of of the bridge and middle pickup together. Sounds exactly like Knopfler's guitar of Sultans of Swing. The neck is very thin. Especially compared to the LP. I've always played LP's so it was hard getting used to the layout, shape and size of the guitar, but you adapt quickly. And, my favourite thing is probably the contouring on the back. I know all strats have it, but it's a welcome relief from the Paul. Yes, very happy with this guitar. Now you can all tell me how right you were and how wrong I was. But don't be a dick about it.

Anyway, here's some stock photos of this exact guitar as mine are crap... http://guitarvillage.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?pid=9274&c=104

ENJOY!
Good choice I'm a Fender guy, and even though your old Gibby was one of the few I actually thought looked damn good I think this wins.

HNGD!
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"

that's not a prs.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Meh, who isn't a dick on UG now and again?

Cool guitar man, I've been itchin for a strat forever.
You're making it harder to not buy one

Happy new guitar day!
very nice!
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
That's a nice Strat, kind of reminds me of SRV's a little. Now all you need is some gold frets.
that is a damn nice looking strat.
Tort and tobacco. Meh.

If you're happy...
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Headstock compare time?

vs.

Which one looks better?????
I prefer your gibby, it looked beautiful

But I haven't played it so I wouldn't know.....
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Once I heard/played a fender tele I kicked my shit overpriced gibson out the door.

you have been posting some interesting things lately. i cant remember what the other thing was, but whatever.

everybody is entitled to their opinions, but how could you dump a gibson for a tele. they couldn't be much more different. totally different registers. that is just no logic. did you know what a tele sounded like when you bought your gibson? it would be pretty obvious which you would favor.

i am done, i don't mean to be hassling you or anything, but
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Maybe it's just me, but I never liked Les pauls, They are heavy, i hate tuning them, and they seem a little overhyped.
Nice Strat though.
Quote by J0HNNYBR4V04756
Maybe it's just me, but I never liked Les pauls, They are heavy, i hate tuning them, and they seem a little overhyped.
Nice Strat though.

You have to tune your guitar lad.
Welcome to being a Strat player. Necrosis, Ippon, and I would like to welcome you. Get comfortable, because there's no going back...
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I used to be a strat guy, then I bought a tele

HNGD
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by redandwhite12
i think what he was implying was the 3x3 headstocks annoy him. Beautiful guitar man reminds me of John Mayers. HNGD man

It is the guitar John Mayer's is based on.

And thanks guys! It is definitely a step up from the Supreme. Yeah, it looked nice, but it sounded pretty much the same as my Standard, just a little more vintage. The strat is much better.

So, I've learnt my lesson. I am NEVER gunna be buying a guitar over £2000 again. There is just no need to spend that amount. And I am never gunna go for something that advertises how good it looks over the sound. I'm an idiot. That like buying an amp because it's main feature is being really loud. Oh well. If you don't make mistakes in life, you don't learn.

And for the record, I still don't like PRS
It's gorgeous, HNGD!
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I still don't like PRS

jimmy page does.
Quote by gregs1020
jimmy page does.

Now you mention it, I don't think PRS are all that bad. I might get one.

come to the dark side...
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
...it sounded pretty much the same as my Standard, just a little more vintage.

What does "vintage" sound like and how can a guitar sound "more"?
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by gregs1020

come to the dark side...

No! It's not a PRS, it's just a Les Paul at an angle making it look distorted. Don't ruin Page for me!
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
No! It's not a PRS, it's just a Les Paul at an angle making it look distorted. Don't ruin Page for me!

and he's using F E N D E R amps!!!!

!!!

Greg, you're horrible.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

A distorted Les Paul that looks like a PRS.

Now that's some funny shit there!

HNGD
Page 1 of 2