So I have an acoustic guitar, an electric, and a POD 2.0. I want to record both guitar and vocals. I was looking at this..

http://www.guitarcenter.com/TASCAM-US144-Interface-and-990-991-Mic-Pack-Bundle-241736-i1371302.gc

and..

http://www.guitarcenter.com/M-Audio-MXL-990-991-and-Audio-Buddy-Package-703626-i1173655.gc

one of those would be for my acoustic but my only problem is that I don't want to use a 1/4 to usb due to latency. I tried to look up 1/4 to firewire but im not even sure that exists. I have tried 1/4 to 1/8 ony my electric but the sound quality is just horrible. which brings me into my electric recording. Like I said the sound quality with that is really bad. Can anyone give me some advice on how to hook it up to my computer? I am assuming one answer will fit both problems with the POD 2.0 and if I decide to by one of the mics from the links. I just need some way to make a good quality connection of a 1/4 to...? Thanks in adavance.
I have a Tascam US-2000, which is a little more than the one you're looking at, but does do away with the latency. It's a USB2 rackmount unit.

1/4 to firewire does exist, but I'm not sure if there's anything in your price range. I'm currently looking at the PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2. It is a firewire mixing console, but will set you back about 2 bills.

Recording 1/4 to 1/8, as you've noted, doesn't work all that well. This is due to the impedance mismatch between the two and the generally poor quality of most soundcards.

You might be better off going with one of the two devices you posted the link to. I'd recommend the Tascam, just because I'm familiar with them and their products.
well I have never actually tested the MXL 990 or 991 I have just heard that USB is slow and will cause latency. Is there a reason your Tascam US-2000 doesn't have latency because it's still USB?
Actually, USB2 is fairly fast - which is what my US-2000 uses. The US-2000 gets rid of latency due to its design. It uses direct monitoring. That's what makes the difference. However, it's also $450.