Hey guys, a lot of times, when reading the specs of a certain guitar model, i see these terms^^^^. Basically, i just wanna know what the difference is between them, and the pros/cons (if any) of each. Thanks for your time!!! -DeathShredder
It means that it is made of 1, 3, or 5 pieces of wood
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Some guitar necks are made out of seperate pieces of wood. You can usually notice the seperate pieces if you look close enough. I believe that the less pieces there are, the more sustain the guitar has. I could be wrong about that though.
The more pieces it uses, the more stable it will be. Some necks can go 50 years without warping, others can't you won't know until it happens. A multilaminate neck is multi pieces of wood bound to each other, so if one wants to warp, and the others are stable, it will be held straight.

Some people claim it affects tone/resonance. I don't think so.
It also depends on the wood types used. For example, some Wizard necks are made of 5 or 7 pieces. Well say, 3 pieces are maple, and two are walnut or mahogany or something. Also, the different pieces are usually running opposite grain of each other.

Multi-ply necks make for some beautiful guitars..
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by Controlpanel

Multi-ply necks make for some beautiful guitars..

eric christman guitars ftw
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_theory

But yeah it's related to the number of pieces of wood.

Generally fewer pieces cost more money, but it depends on what it's being used for, etc. etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?