hey dudes, quick question. I might be getting a new guitar that comes fully equipped with a floyd 1000, and i just wanted to know if it was worth the money, and will stay in tune, or if its just a waste of money and/or a bad piece or hardware. I love some comments and insight on this matter. Thanks
Quote by DeathShredder23
hey dudes, quick question. I might be getting a new guitar that comes fully equipped with a floyd 1000, and i just wanted to know if it was worth the money, and will stay in tune, or if its just a waste of money and/or a bad piece or hardware. I love some comments and insight on this matter. Thanks

Floyd Rose 1000 series and Original Floyd Rose is exactly the same thing. The quality according to the makers of Original Floyd Rose and Floyd Rose 1000 have claimed it is equal in quality and exactly the same thing. The only difference is that the OFR is made in Germany and the FR1000 is made in Korea.

I myself bought a ESP Horizon FR7 - a guitar which if right-handed would have an 7-string OFR in it but since I am left-handed I had to order it with a 7-string FR-1000. I've had the guitar since end of july/very-early august and compared to my ESP Horizon FR-II which has a OFR, the quality is exactly the same.

All in all my (7-string) FR-1000 holds tuning like it should, it is a quality build and it's reliable.

I hope this helps.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Doesn't it also have a zink alloy block, saddles and nut? so it will sound different and may wear out faster making it hard to stay in tune.
---
I had a fr1000 on a prs se torero. I played it maybe 20 hours a month for a full year.
Just sold it, factory strings still, lol, and still in perfect tune with fine tuning room left.
Yeah I had a FR 1000 equipped guitar for a few months. Trem was fine, only minor issue was the arm was a little bit loose, but still worked fine.

EDIT: My apologies, I was wrong. I just looked it up and the guitar I had was equipped with an FR Special, not a 1000.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Last edited by VVolverin3 at Oct 21, 2011,
The Special is the one with the zinc block and saddles. The 1000 definitely has steel saddles, not sure about the block. The most important part is the base plate and that is steel on the 1000 and the Special. If it does turn out to have a zinc block you can swap that out for a steel or brass one very cheaply.
The frt1000 is made to the same specs as the original. The base plate, sustain block, and saddles are all solid steel. In theory, it should hold up as well as the original if the base plate in in fact the same metal and made the same way. But they are relatively new, so time will tell if they really are just as good.
As I explained in my post before, this is the same as the Original Floyd Rose. You could pretty much call it a OFR, it's called a FR-1000 so because of different crafting location which is in Korea, this is done to keep down the cost of making guitars as alot of factories making guitars exist in Korea. Now this item is a Factory-only spec. Meaning this item is not purchasable to the public unless through a certified dealer which has contact with a guitar company which uses FR-1000.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
i've had both, and if you ask me, the schaller OFR is superior. It just feels nicer, and you can see that it's been made with more attention to detail.

That's not to say that the frt-x000 is "bad", it's definitely usable (especially on cheaper guitars, where before the advent of the frt-x000 you'd have been lumbered with some mystery metal licensed piece of shit). But it's not "as good".

IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?