Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I have recently been trying to look for a new bass to put a specific pickup/electronic combination into. The Seymour Duncan SMB-4A pickup with an Aguilar OBP-1 preamp. I am looking for something around the €500 mark, 22 frets and a non chunky neck would be preferred.

Any help would be great.
Yeah I have seen that video before, interested in that equipment because its used in the Modulus Funk Unlimited, although I'm not going to be able to get anything in that price range for a long time lol.

Thanks a lot I looked up a few of the sterlings and they seem perfect for what I am after. Loads on ebay for a good price too. We have them for about €850 (over a $1000) here in Ireland so I didn't know I could afford one.
Ibanez has some basses that take the MM style pickups.

The new Squier VM Jaguar Special would be a good bass to mod with that P/U.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ibanez SRX basses fit what you're looking for but those things have such amazing pickups it would be a shame to swap them for anything.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
That SRX has some tone alright, sort of reminds me of a p bass with more bite. I know the Ibanez's have some very comfortable necks to play, a friend has one and you can get down past the 15th fret without a problem. Might get one as a back up bass somewhere down the line. Thanks for the suggestions