Hello,

Do any Pittie-witties speak Arabic, by any chance? And none of this "second language" bollocks, I want proper learnt-from-birth native speakers.

I need some grammaticality judgements for a linguistics assignment. I don't mean to brag, but if we do this right, we may revolutionise how people see quantifier float for ever and ever. Quantifier float, bitches. It's a thing.

Seriously, none of my friends speak Arabic and I really need someone to help me.

Thaaaaanks
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Quote by McTodd
I don't mean to brag,

Probably a good thing, since you shouldn't brag about something you need to ask the pit for help to accomplish.
Durka durk?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Probably a good thing, since you shouldn't brag about something you need to ask the pit for help to accomplish.

You're on my list
Yes I speak fluent Arabic and NO I don't have a bomb strapped to myself and I don't hate the West.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by behind_you
Yes I speak fluent Arabic and NO I don't have a bomb strapped to myself and I don't hate the West.

Yaaaay! A hit!!! I have a few questions
A) By fluent, do you mean native, from birth?
B) May I PM you?
Quote by McTodd
Yaaaay! A hit!!! I have a few questions
A) By fluent, do you mean native, from birth?
B) May I PM you?

A)No. I only speak the language. I cannot read/write much in Arabic
B)What for?

Quote by Deathro
لا أعرف من أي شخص يتكلم اللغة العربية. حظا سعيدا! أنا استخدم جوجل ترجمة لهذا الغرض. آسف إذا حصلت على آمالك حتى

Internet translators are never perfect, son
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Oct 21, 2011,
Quote by Deathro
لا أعرف من أي شخص يتكلم اللغة العربية. حظا سعيدا! أنا استخدم جوجل ترجمة لهذا الغرض. آسف إذا حصلت على آمالك حتى

That is weird to highlight from the bottom line up. It was a strange experience.
Quote by devourke
That is weird to highlight from the bottom line up. It was a strange experience.

right to left bro. That's how it's written
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by Deathro

squiggly lines squiggly lines....
Quote by behind_you
A)No. I only speak the language. I cannot read/write much in Arabic
B)What for?

If I were to give you a sentence, would you be able to tell me if it was grammatical or not?

I've got a couple of roman-alphabet-ised Arabic sentences, and I need to know what they mean:

- ra'aitu l-awlad-a kul-a-hum

aaaand

- ra'aitu l-awlad-a kul-an

any clues???
Quote by Deathro

Ha!

رجل في حانة تسير مع الصقور, وتحمل كل'. وقال في ختام جلسة المومس ويتحول الى الساقي فيقول...
Quote by McTodd
If I were to give you a sentence, would you be able to tell me if it was grammatical or not?

I've got a couple of roman-alphabet-ised Arabic sentences, and I need to know what they mean:

aaaand

any clues???

I'm pretty sure they both mean 'I saw all the boys'. Second one looks more gramatically correct than the first but they're both fine I guess.

About 85 percent sure I'm right
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by McTodd

aaaand

any clues???

"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them"
Your welcome.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Yuusssssss excellent.

You and I, son ... I can see our name in lights. Well, academic research papers. And just mine, actually.

Mind if I PM you to get a few more while I write up my paper?
Quote by McTodd
Yuusssssss excellent.

You and I, son ... I can see our name in lights. Well, academic research papers. And just mine, actually.

Mind if I PM you to get a few more while I write up my paper?

I'd like to but it's 4:28 AM where I live and I need bedrest. If you still wanna you can PM me but I don't know when I'll reply.

Quote by Trowzaa
"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them"
Your welcome.
pretty close, bro
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by behind_you
I'd like to but it's 4:28 AM where I live and I need bedrest. If you still wanna you can PM me but I don't know when I'll reply.

pretty close, bro

Cheers bro, this really means a lot to me. E-beers coming your way.

I'll be in touch.

Yes.