i love my blueridge parlor, but i needed a beater - a guitar i wouldn't have to worry about if i leave it on the stand or take it to a buddy's. i was going to get a recording king rp-06, but they made them too deep for my needs, and i don't care for either sharp v necks or 1 11/16" nuts. then i remembered the republic parlor i had seen online not that long ago. 1 13/16" nut, a little wider than 1 3/4", which i really like, and small like a pre-1900 parlor, not always my thing, but it is a stand guitar. and it seems like a fun little axe, and even comes with a hardshell case.

(pic is from republicguitars website)

the owner of republic, frank, answered all my questions very fast, and i liked the answers. also i've seen a lot of republic resonators and at mccabe's, and i've liked them.

if i like my new parlor, i might get one of their small resonators - it's very tempting.
http://www.republicguitars.com/guitarsotherproducts.html
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
HNGD? That looks like an anorexic guitar though....
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
*LOL*

that's how parlor guitars looked in the old days
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by JKHC
HNGD? That looks like an anorexic guitar though....
Either that or a ukulele on steroids. That's sort of a half empty/ half full take on that.
Quote by patticake
...[ ]... and it seems like a fun little axe, and even comes with a hardshell case.
You realize the paradox here? The guitar comes with a hardshell case, but you want to leave it on the stand. It automatically takes up twice the space.... It's nylon strung, right? Not used to seeing the intonation slant on the saddle of a gut string.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Oct 22, 2011,
yes, now you mention it, i can see the paradox here

but the case would only be used when i take it elsewhere. and no, it's steel string with a truss rod. i'm not buying it out of some nostalgia for days gone by, but for its size and nut width.
Quote by Skeet UK
The photo has the oddest perspective. It almost looks like the body is bowl shaped or trapezoid, (in cross section). It sort of looks like an Ovation, especially due to the wide herringbone, (?), binding. I'm sure it's just a trick of the lighting and angle....

I could be hallucinating though, like that's never happened before....
Last edited by Captaincranky at Oct 22, 2011,
i think it's more the crappy photography - or else we're BOTH hallucinating

here's a pic from an owner on another forum:

Quote by Skeet UK
your hallucinating cranky. patti posted a pic of her new kitten. that is a tiny guitar patti. if you get another, you'd have a cool pair of earrings!
she's a beaut. Small guitars are always the most fun to play.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
It does look like a uke...

but why are there double dot fret markers on the 5th and 9th frets? Sorry for not knowing much on acoustics, I'm more of an electric guy. And another think I didn't get, is that a new guitar or a pre 2000 one?

Looks like you won't get much bass or volume from that.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
it's a parlor guitar in the style from the 1800's. it's a lot bigger than a uke.

i have no clue why there are double dot fret markers. the designer could have been copying a particular old parlor or he could have just gone wild

this is a brand new guitar in a vintage style. i don't expect much bass from it - it's got a 12" lower bout and is 3" deep, but i have a torn rotator cuff - the stand guitar i wanted ( recording king rp-06) had more bass is too deep for me to play comfortably. since i love a wider nut, which very few under-$500 acoustic guitars have, i opted for less bass in a guitar that wouldn't further damage my shoulder. besides, i can always grab my blueridge br-341, and it does have nice bass http://www.sagamusic.com/catalog/details.aspx?ProductID=BR-341
Quote by Skeet UK
Quote by stepchildusmc
your hallucinating cranky. patti posted a pic of her new kitten. that is a tiny guitar patti. if you get another, you'd have a cool pair of earrings!

Only a little. The sound board shape and binding put me in mind of Ovation. Even in the new, (better ?) picture, the sides seem to fall away. Now go write one hundred times, "A phone is NOT a camera, a phone is NOT a camera........."

Quote by captivate
she's a beaut. Small guitars are always the most fun to play.
You've unlocked the mystery behind the Les Paul's phenomenal success.

Although, I'm somewhat reluctant to ask, "does small and really, really, heavy count"?

it's a parlor guitar in the style from the 1800's. it's a lot bigger than a uke. Well hell yeah! But not a uke on steroids. Fess up, there must be a baritone ukulele around somewhere that fights in close to the same weight class...!

Quote by patticake
....[ ]...but i have a torn rotator cuff -....[ ]...... i opted for less bass in a guitar that wouldn't further damage my shoulder.
I've always suspected that playing the acoustic guitar was a full contact sport, and this confirms it...
Quote by patticake
...[ ]... besides, i can always grab my blueridge br-341, and it does have nice bass
Repeat after me, "I can always grab my AM-PLI-FI-ER........."!
Quote by Captaincranky

You've unlocked the mystery behind the Les Paul's phenomenal success.

Although, I'm somewhat reluctant to ask, "does small and really, really, heavy count"?

I only mean this in terms of acoustic guitars. I couldn't care less about electric guitars, really. That's why I'm the acoustic mod, lol.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.