I am wanting to get that tone that Dime has on The Great Southern Trendkill. It seems different from his previous albums and I want to throwdown some 13 Steps that sounds like his. I have a Jackson Kelly with Seymour Duncan Blackouts and a Line 6 Spider 30 combo amp. I am hoping that someone smarter than me can shed some light and get me on the right track. I'm not afraid to go out and buy a pedal just to get that sound. Thanks much for any and all help.
All you have to do is go get the guitar, amp and effects units he was using on that album.
Dime's tone on that album was the most southern/twangy/country/metal sound ever. Seemingly more so than Rebel Meets Rebel.
MARTY FRIEDMAN--"It’s a lot easier to be technical than it is stylized; it really is... But I think it’s a lot more rare to have someone who’s really got their own sound because that’s something you can’t practice."
Quote by Zanon
Dimebag dialed out most of the Mids in his EQ and had quite a bit of treble and plenty of gain of course. That should help slightly ?

Dimebag did NOT dial his mids out.
so do you guys think i run an eq pedal or would a distortion pedal get it. I have a fullbore metal but I just cant get it to sound as muddy and throaty as he does
Quote by z28dylan
so do you guys think i run an eq pedal or would a distortion pedal get it. I have a fullbore metal but I just cant get it to sound as muddy and throaty as he does

Probably not gonna work.
I hate saying it, cliché, but to me, it's like hard to press authentic tones out of solid-states. All sounds a little buzzy and.. wrong. And you're using one of those spiders. I would suggest a new amp, really.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
Quote by Northernmight
I hate saying it, cliché, but to me, it's like hard to press authentic tones out of solid-states.

Dime used solid state amps for a long time.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
the only time dime touched tube amps was just before he died. he was invited to promote KRANK tube amps, but he was shot before he had a chance to catapult KRANK into fame just like he did with the dean ml.