I'm currently building a guitar and plan on putting in a killswitch, however i don't want a buckethead style switch. I'm looking to have a 2 way switch put in, but not completely confident on what to get.

would any 2 way switch work? does it have to be off on. etc.

A particular switch i was looking at is this one from radioshack. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062518

if anyone could confirm this would work as a killswitch, or can redirect me to something similar, it would be much appreciated.

regards,

grey
So you want to be able to actually completely turn the guitar off without having to hold down a button? If so then that switch should work just fine.
Quote by Darkdevil725
So you want to be able to actually completely turn the guitar off without having to hold down a button? If so then that switch should work just fine.

Cool! Thanks for the response
any spst switch would work without any troubles at all, dpst would work too if you want the pickups to stay stereo at that point (ie if it's before a blend pot)

dpdt would require some ground looping and would make the circuit a bit more complex than it needs to be.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Last edited by CJ Noble at Oct 22, 2011,
Quote by CJ Noble
any spst switch would work without any troubles at all, dpst would work too if you want the pickups to stay stereo at that point (ie if it's before a blend pot)

dpdt would require some ground looping and would make the circuit a bit more complex than it needs to be.

moar reassurance! thank you for your input!