Poll: Conspiracy Theorists? Yay or Nay?
Poll Options
View poll results: Conspiracy Theorists? Yay or Nay?
Crazies.
109 51%
Not so Crazies.
50 23%
I'm 12 and you're an alien.
55 26%
Voters: 214.
Page 1 of 4
I searchbarred and didn't find a thread regarding everyone's opinion on conspiracy theorists. Interesting argument I had at work today since a fellow worker of mine brought up the murder of Gadhafi, he claimed that the entire Osama Bin Laden assassination to be an entire hoax. Considering I only had 15 to debate this with him I realized that conspiracy theorists just can't accept facts as facts, why wouldn't Al Qaeda defute our claims that we killed Bin Laden? His response was interesting, the Obama administration paid off Al Qaeda to keep quiet about this. Many lulz were provided by this.

Anyways...

What is The Pit's stance on conspiracy theorists? Are they loons who just like to believe oddball theories to be different? Or are they people who really have some sort of "inside information" and have inside knowledge on what really happened?

inb4 anyone posts that "It's A Conspiracy!!" pic.
NOT EASILY LED, EASILY BANNED.
Elvis is the first man on the moon and destroyed the 9/11 tower.

EDIT: Also, inb4 someone 'inb4 Zoot's
Last edited by devourke at Oct 22, 2011,
I for one welcome our reptilian overlords.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I think the quote in my sig debunks every conspiracy theory ever.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Conspiracy theorists are annoying, pathetic, and stupid.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Quote by darkstar2466
Jews caused...

Watch your mouth, I'll use my jewish infulence and money and you.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by teachmeviolence
Conspiracy theorists are annoying, pathetic, and stupid.

Actually I find them hilarious and it's always fun watching them get red in the face over being proven that they're wrong.
i think they sometimes have points, but they certainly take it too far.

Alot of the conspiracy theories on why the us went to Iraq seem plausible (to me), but that reptile people are controlling the global economy seems unlikely
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Watch your mouth, I'll use my jewish infulence and money and you.

They caused somethin or the other. Just sayin. Nothing in... specific lol.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by guitaringnathan
i think they sometimes have points, but they certainly take it too far.

Alot of the conspiracy theories on why the us went to Iraq seem plausible (to me), but that reptile people are controlling the global economy seems unlikely

There's a difference between overthinking a rational idea (like the whole blood for oil in Iraq thing) and a straight up conspiracy theory like the lizard shit.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
inb4 The Cult Of Zoot and High Priest Kumanji.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by NakedInTheRain
true, but did you hear that sherlock holmes actually was an anteater?

That's just what they want you to think.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I work with a guy who loves to make everything a conspiracy, he can be a really cool guy and all, but I try to avoid any political discussion lol.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
I think they're just bored and want to feel important, but then again so am I so there really isn't much of a difference.

In short, I really don't give a flying ****.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Seriously? This thread is by the guy who last night was trying to convince us that some poor photographs were proof of ghosts?

Mate, you are a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
I see them as something to laugh about

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
Seriously? This thread is by the guy who last night was trying to convince us that some poor photographs were proof of ghosts?

wait really? roflcopter.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

This.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if the government's full of corruption to the point of creating a scheme to cut back the world's population in a short period of time.
Conspiracy theories often are based on one good point, and then go off the deep end with insane theories to explain it.

Example: "Boy the way the buildings fell on 9/11 was peculiar wasn't it?"
"THAT'S BECAUSE ALIENS AND THE CIA BLEW IT UP WITH EXPLOSIVES AND BIGFOOT"
They're usually people who are easily impressed the whole mystery and revelation that conspiracy theories carry.

The thing that really annoys me is that the internet is a source for the most of it, it's really cheap thinking that you could investigate the truth value of something from your desk.

Also I remember someone posting a video of someone who says they worked for area 51 and aliens and shiz, I forget what it was called but the guy comes off as a massive pathological liar, I remember the methods he described was that of Time Travel for the 'greys' to visit present time.

I think I read somewhere that he never worked at Area 51 and was a janitor or some shiz at the time that he said he worked there, of course he would cover his ass and say that the government fabricated that, he also said that the government doesn't like him talking about his 'work' that he did, but come on you'd be fucking dead if anything you said was actually true.
yo.

I BELIEVE
depends on the conspiracy. false flag attacks like 9/11 are a lesser known tactic used by the american government legally. There is an act that allows the government of america to stage an attack on their own people in order to create public support for the country. they have admitted to doing this in cuba, read up on the bay of pigs, and why they went there. so, no conspiracy theorist are not crazy, although there are some completely rediculous theories out there which remove seriousness from the things we should think more about. dont cast away an idea because it sounds too unbelievable, a lot of things in life are unbelievable but true nonetheless.
Epi Les Paul with SD's
VK112
Hardwire OD

Quote by PuppetMaster91
As a relative new-comer to the guitar world I'd just like to point out how much more interesting this thread sounded when I thought a 'Metal Muff' was some sort of chastity belt...

Quote by tymanic
Whats a gibson?
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

Well there's a clear difference between believing in ghosts and thinking that some photos were real to people who have no clue what the hell they are talking about.
Quote by KnightBand
Well there's a clear difference between believing in ghosts and thinking that some photos were real to people who have no clue what the hell they are talking about.

^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by dpounder
depends on the conspiracy. false flag attacks like 9/11 are a lesser known tactic used by the american government legally. There is an act that allows the government of america to stage an attack on their own people in order to create public support for the country. they have admitted to doing this in cuba, read up on the bay of pigs, and why they went there. so, no conspiracy theorist are not crazy, although there are some completely rediculous theories out there which remove seriousness from the things we should think more about. dont cast away an idea because it sounds too unbelievable, a lot of things in life are unbelievable but true nonetheless.

What is this act called?

...and I'm not seeing the connection between the Bay of Pigs invasion and that either.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by rockingamer2
*Michael Scott*

As expected.
Once and for all, Pit. Who believes in alien abductions?

*raises hand*
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Once and for all, Pit. Who believes in alien abductions?

*raises hand*

how many tentacles did they fit?
yo.

I BELIEVE
The lizard men control us all!

But to be serious, I find building 7, some moon landing pics, and obvious nasa shoops a bit strange. I don't think anybody has guessed exactly what is going on through their rants, but some really weird shit has been pointed out from their time spent on said subjects.
Last edited by garden of grey at Oct 22, 2011,
Quote by dpounder

As usual, make claims, claim the claims have legal status that we could find if we would all just do our research, but offer no sources for own material, choosing instead to insist we should all look it up ourselves, which simply perpetuates the belief that ya'll got nuttin.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
As usual, make claims, claim the claims have legal status that we could find if we would all just do our research, but offer no sources for own material, choosing instead to insist we should all look it up ourselves, which simply perpetuates the belief that ya'll got nuttin.

You weren't quoting me, but it would take me a while to find sites with the questionable content without the Alex Jones or David Icke style claims of what is really going on.

Here is a really weird pic to have been released by NASA, though. Multi bilion dollar budgets and they can't make a more aesthetic adjustment to this pic than what they did??

http://www.projectmaji.com/index.html/_/articles/nasa/proof-nasa-photoshops-images-r18
Quote by beefcake122
my avatar

Is that a troll?

Take a triangle, the most basic shape, then take another one and flip it upside down and overlap it onto a pyramid, ignore the all seeing eye, then YOU HAVE BUSTED THE ILLUMINATI!!!
the credibility of their claims are conveniently overlooked. they twist facts to suit theories, as rgrockr said, which is about as logical as adding extra letters to a crossword puzzle. they hate their reality, so they try and levitate to something better to make themselves feel better. i couldn't really give two shits about a pyramid or lady gaga and the meaning behind them, i would rather live in an ideal world instead of hiding under a rock wasting my time.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Page 1 of 4