I would have posted this in GT, but I'm certain it has nothing to do with technique. I'm trying to play "The Air That I Breathe" solo by All That Remains. The first note of said solo is a pinch harmonic on the 19th fret of the high D string. When I try to play this on my Ibanez 4EX1 it doesn't sound for very long and if I bend it (which I have to for it to sound right) it dies immediately. Normally I would just think I suck, didn't have enough gain/sustain, or some other effects issue. Except for the fact that I can do it perfectly on my Jackson Dinky, with the same everything. Soooooo.... WTF!?!?!?! I'm stumped. Oh and don't say to just use my other guitar, it's a half step lower.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Last edited by brandon2784 at Oct 22, 2011,
High fret could cause that. Check to see if there's any buzzing at that fret when you bend it playing a regular note.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!