Hello all,

I got some songs from my guitar teacher and made a folder for them in my desktop. When i added those files to the iTunes library, they were doubled somehow and my disk space was used up, example, i had 1 GB in the folder and 10GB free space in my hard drive, when i put them in the library, i had 9GB free in my hard drive. How can i add them to my library and not "create new files"? and find the ones i already put into the library so i can delete them?

thanks
Join the Guitar Religion
Sounds like they weren't doubled from your example.

Your post is confusing but why not just delete the ones in the folder?
I pretend to write songs.

If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright
Because I believe that after we're gone
The spirit carries on
What extension are the files from your guitar teacher?
Because some types are converted to .m4a and stored again in the iTunes folder on your computer. It depends on what extension they actually are, but if they really were converted, you can delete the original files without any problems...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

If they were wma, then iTunes would convert them to AAC...

Confusing post is confusing.
delete System 32
Quote by arsonite
I flash my ridiculously white teeth at you in contempt Sir!

Quote by son_of_bodom

OT: variety is the spice of life, my genitals don't discriminate on the basis of religion.
ITunes can be set to copy tracks into its own media folder instead of just linking to the files. Just go to Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced, and uncheck the little box that says "Copy files to ITunes media folder". That should work.