Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides. I have a VOX VT80+ that I got yesterday and I have been on the VOX website and there arent any user posted ones so I decided to ask here.

So if anybody has a setting similar.........
well which tone, I'm not a fan of them AT ALL, but they've had a different tone for a number of things. Like "knives and pens" for instance, awful tone, and different then others, give better info so we can help.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Settings thread bro.

If you don't mind me asking, which tone of theirs are you after? The tone on their new album is MUCH better than it is on their first, not to mention that they use Peavey 6505s (which is an American voiced amp) live now, so try the US metal setting, set everything to 12:00 like Eppicurt said, and work from there.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Throw your amp off a tall building?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
as tango said, they have some different tones (I only know the singles i've heard on kerrang or scuzz).

I'd probably try the jcm800 model (with a boost if necessary) for their not-so-modern tones, and some of the more modern amp models (mesa/soldano/diezel/5150, something like that, depending on what models your modelller has) for their heavier tones.

For a starting point. then tweak to taste.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?