hey, i wonder what happen if i put electric guitar strings and an electric guitar pickup in my acoustic... May i know what will happen to that. thnx. and pls don't flame me

pls answer..
it'll work on a steel string acoustic. if not steel strings, no magnetic variance for the pickups to pick up.

and yeah pretty sure kurt cobain did, plus there have been multiple people on here that have done it over the past 2 years or so
Quote by tumaeka123
hey, i wonder what happen if i put electric guitar strings and an electric guitar pickup in my acoustic... May i know what will happen to that. thnx. and pls don't flame me

pls answer..

You'll have a hollow body electric...

and a very unique sound... give it a shot...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Yup I've dome it with a strat pick up on my buddy's steel string acoustic. I came out very well. Nice sound too. Sounds like an acoustic rather than an electric. But it plays well with distortion and overdrive better than the typical peizo electric pickups used in most AE guitars.

I did have to make my own mount for the pickup out of wood (I mounted it in the soundhole). I had volume and tone knobs on the upper shoulder. Had to drill holes for the jack and pots. Make sure to use shielded wires. It is a little hummy but not too bad. I never came up with a way to ground the strings.