hey, i wonder what happen if i put electric guitar strings and an electric guitar pickup in my acoustic... May i know what will happen to that. thnx. and pls don't flame me

1st time to do this
You posted this in 4 different sections of the forum and spelled "acoustic" wrong in all of them.
Gibson Faded Cherry Flying V
Epiphone Goldtop Les Paul
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss DD-3 digital delay pedal
Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes Real Tube Distortion pedal
you don't need to post 2 threads.

you can buy acoustic pickups that rest in the sound hole

electric guitar pickups would probably sound like crap and would defeat the purpose of having an acoustic.
electric guitar strings and acoustic strings arent that different, its a minor change in the alloy used to make them.

an electric guitar pickup would work, but as said, it'd sound awful and the feedback would be unbearable. get a specific acoustic pickup and buy an electric guitar
i'm Ginger its fun
I'm guessing this is how the first electric guitar was made, so it'd probably sound like a low quality electro acoustic...
Quote by tumaeka123
hey, i wonder what happen if i put electric guitar strings and an electric guitar pickup in my acoustic... May i know what will happen to that. thnx. and pls don't flame me

1st time to do this

well, what acoustic?

it has a truss rod right?
and it's a full sized guitar?

if you put on lighter (i'm guessing) electric strings, with an unwound g string
on most acoustics, you might have a devil of a time setting it up again after.

if you are confident in your simple setup and pickup affixing abilities,

you can probably make a crappy sounding, buzzy, acoustic/electric.

or you can save yourself some time.
pop an acoustic soundhole pup in an acoustic and
find the right amp, or effect to plug into, to get gain that way....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dwMvHM9wKI
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
it wouldnt work. true electric pickups would be difficult to install on an acoustic. on top of that, you would get absolutely uncontrollable feedback every time you tried to play anything.

an acoustic soundhole pickup would be a different story, but its designed to be an acoustic pickup.

just dont do it. cant see why you'd want to anyways...