ok, so ive go myself a Line6 POD X3 and at the moment im just using headphones with it but id like to get some speakers to use with it.

so, any reccommendations?

thanks
The POD X3 can't power anything bigger than headphones on it's own - so you'll need an amp as well as speakers.

There's several ways of doing this...

1) Get a guitar amp (say, a combo), plug the POD into the guitar-input or into the loop's return (in case it has a loop).

2) Get a power-amp for guitar and a guitar cab - dedicated power-amps for guitar are typically high-end, and typically expensive. Such a setup would sound great though.

3) Get any kind of full-range-system, like a keyboard-amp or a PA. This can sound good and if you get a PA, you'll have acquired a very flexible piece of kit - you can not only use it for your POD, but you can also run mics through it or connect bass-preamps, keys, synths, etc. to it.

If money is tight, a small tube amp designed for guitar will be your best shot.
KRK powered monitors are considered to be pretty good. I see Samson Resolv powered monitors in CL every now and then and picked up a pair of 65a's cheap. Depends on your budget and what you are trying to achieve. A good quality older stereo with quality speakers go for a song on CL all the time.

A tube amp with an FX loop is a great setup with the X3. Whatever speakers you get, they will need an amp either built in or separate.
Run your POD into a DAW on your PC/mac and if you have decent monitors (KRK are your best bet)
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
ok, thanks for the replys guys. most of what you've said is over my head so i need to do a little research on what you've sugested.

however, whats wrong with hooking up some speakers to the headphone output on the POD?
sorry if what ive said seems stupid, im still getting used to my POD, i heard that i didnt need an amp to use it and it looked like it would get me the tones i wanted without spending loads on pedals and amps and seeing how im not in a band i thought this would be the best option....
Tech 21 makes a powered 1x12 guitar cabinet that may be what your looking for.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Tech 21 makes a powered 1x12 guitar cabinet that may be what your looking for.

this is looking good, any more products like this?
and what are these products called?
They are the tech 21 Power Engine cabs. They have a 1x12, 2x12 and a 4x10 They start at around $350 USD.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by rock rocks
could i just not use a powered monitor speaker, or a pair?

In my experiance using Hi-Fi speakers will make you sound like Shite if your not going through some kind of Mixer. ( I have used a amp head with a 1x12 Pa cab ind it was horrible sounding
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A keyboard amp will work fine with your POD
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
righty then, so if i get a keyboard amp i WONT need to buy a power amp?...just so im 100% clear?

and for home use will this do, what do u think?

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/44370-peavey-kb1-keyboard-amplifier.html#sterling_uk

its a Peavey KB1, basically it has 2 channels, not much of an EQ and an 8" speaker, but if its just to 'amplify' my sound in my room will it do the job and give me a good sound?

thanks for all your help by the way.
Quote by Robbgnarly
In my experiance using Hi-Fi speakers will make you sound like Shite if your not going through some kind of Mixer. ( I have used a amp head with a 1x12 Pa cab ind it was horrible sounding

Thats because its a guitar amp, not an amp modeller
It sounds like that because a typical amplifier relies on the coloration caused by a guitar cab to cut out high end fizz and low end boom. An amp modeller like a POD digitally simulates this. Which is why MFX pedals sound like shit through a guitar amp unless the cab simulation is turned off.

@TS-

Keyboad amp
Poweramp+cab
guitar amp with effects loop
powered monitors
PA

These are your best bet.

EDIT: Yeah the KB1 wil work fine. Im using a KB4 as a matter of fact. Just dont expect it to beat a tube amp in volume. I once had to jam with a guy who was running an X3 into a 65W Twin Reverbs effects loop. My KB was at 7/10, while his fender was just barely 3. Moral of the story- tubes are loud. Hell loud.

A keyboard amp is essentially a miniature PA in combo form. The cab and amp are integrated together. So no, you wont need a separate poweramp and cab.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Oct 22, 2011,
Quote by rock rocks

however, whats wrong with hooking up some speakers to the headphone output on the POD?

Nothing long as they're powered speakers. Even crappy 10€ computer speakers would work. Wouldn't sound great though.