So i was in a guitar shop earlier i tried out a gretsch (they feel so weird XD), a telecaster and then the guy there realised i was more of a strat guy so he brought out a 1970's MIM strat i played it and it just felt sooo right and sounded amazing, and it's in amazing condition, just a few dings and scratches here and there. I really like this guitar and its only £389, i already own a lonestar strat which is amazing but this just seemed on a whole new level for some reason. I wanna try out a few other guitars cos after all i do have £700 to spend on one but if i dont find another i like should i go for this one? What do you guys think?

P.S im quite a fan of vintage gear too so thats always a bonus to me
Gear!!!!

Fender Lonestar Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan pearly Gates!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Natural
Gibson Les Paul Signature T Trans Ebony
Engl Screamer 50
you do realize that it's not an actual guitar from the 70s right? the MIM 70s reissue is a pretty good guitar and is in many cases better than an actual 70s model.
Well from what i was told it was from the 70's and it looked old enough to be honest but after trying it i really liked it anyway :/
Gear!!!!

Engl Screamer 50
I'm just wondering if maybe there's something better out there for the budget and i wasnt aware that it was a reissue -_- so i dont understand why it would be in such bad condition for a newer guitar...
Gear!!!!

Engl Screamer 50
Quote by MrWilson6
I'm just wondering if maybe there's something better out there for the budget and i wasn't aware that it was a reissue -_- so i don't understand why it would be in such bad condition for a newer guitar...

It's more than likely a relic re-issue, Or the guy who had it before reliced it himself.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Last edited by offthewall91 at Oct 22, 2011,
It definitely aint a relic reissue i've checked it out but the guy at the store said "Its in great nick" from which i assumed "great nick" for an old guitar which made sense but not for a reissue thanks anyway guys
Gear!!!!

Engl Screamer 50
Well you know, he could be lying...
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Yhh i understand that but i've bought with him before and from what i could tell he's a trustworthy guy...
Gear!!!!

Engl Screamer 50
I know exactly what you're saying. But to be honest, If a guitar sounds and feels great then why not go for it? My ibanez RG sounds great, compared to my mates Gibson SG (which is about £500 more expensive) I think I actually preferred my Ibanez. Money isn't everything,. If you liked it why not go for it? I'm looking for Fenders at the moment.
Quote by Skiny boy89
I know exactly what you're saying. But to be honest, If a guitar sounds and feels great then why not go for it? My ibanez RG sounds great, compared to my mates Gibson SG (which is about £500 more expensive) I think I actually preferred my Ibanez. Money isn't everything,. If you liked it why not go for it? I'm looking for Fenders at the moment.

Perfectly true mate, i wanna keep on looking though because i already own a strat and originally i was looking at Les Paul Studio's and PRS guitars soo im gonna keep looking but i'll definitely keep the strat in mind
Gear!!!!

Engl Screamer 50
I'd go for it man. You seem to really dig the guitar, and there's nothing wrong with saving a few hundred bucks right?
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by shredibanez24
I'd go for it man. You seem to really dig the guitar, and there's nothing wrong with saving a few hundred bucks right?

Yhh but it's different when it's someone elses money your spending XD
Gear!!!!

Engl Screamer 50
fender didn't make guitars in mexico on the 70s.

or 80s.

so it's a reissue that someone either gigg'd a bunch, or purposely relic'd.

either way, if it plays nice and you like it consider it an option.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Run the numbers....

Lots of sites out there that can tell you exactly where it was made and when...

but Gregs is right.. Fender didn't have a plant in Mexico in the 70's.. Who knows perhaps it's a USA True 70's vintage and your going to be stealing it for that amount of money.. Just sayin...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Can't you just take a look at the serial number? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 50s/60s/70s reissue Strats are relatively recent, from the past decade or so. That being said, if the serial number is MZXXXXXXXX, it's a Mexican-made model from the 00s. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, since I'm not 100% sure if the reissues are the same like that. There's a 50s Strat neck on my Tele, but it's halfway across the world.
I am a fake mountain.
for £389?

**** no.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
As others have said, if it is indeed a 1970s Fender Stratocaster, it is not made in Mexico. It would say "Made in U.S.A." on it. Early '70s Fenders had very shoddy craftsmanship (f%cking CBS!) but they are nevertheless considered "Vintage" instruments and you could flip it for a lot more than you are going to pay for it. And even if it is an early '70s Strat, you may decide that you love it and then you've found your guitar.

A serial number check is a must. If it is a 1970s reissue made overseas, I don't think it is worth anywhere near what he is asking; particularly given the condition issues you've described.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley