I'm choosing between Boss ME-25, Digitech RP355, Zoom g2.1nu and Line 6 Pod 2. Which one is good for home use only? I'm planning to connect it to my computer so I can record and will probably play with those popular guitar effects software.

I mostly play rock and metal. Right now, I'm so addicted with canon rock and really want to have the same tone with JerryC.

Btw, I'm only 2 months old playing guitar. I have an Ibanez GRG guitar and a Marshall 10watt amp.

Thanks!!! XD
I would recommend you the Digitech RP355, as I already have an RP55 and it sounds freaking good, and with the RP355, you can simulate 32 amps, 18 cabs and 74 effects (maybe not at the same time XD, but you surely can have some effects mixed together). I love Digitech's products, so I would def go with the RP355, and as a second choice, the Line 6 POD 2.
Ayy there
Quote by metalhead983877
I would recommend you the Digitech RP355, as I already have an RP55 and it sounds freaking good, and with the RP355, you can simulate 32 amps, 18 cabs and 74 effects (maybe not at the same time XD, but you surely can have some effects mixed together). I love Digitech's products, so I would def go with the RP355, and as a second choice, the Line 6 POD 2.

+1 to the rp355. Great little pedal.

Check out my recordings for some clips.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I also have an RP355. I love how on the digitech website there are presets already made, and if you download X-edit to your computer for free you can edit and put on new presets from your computer, its a lot easier.
All around an excellent pedal
I'm pretty sure JerryC did his canon rock with a POD 2.0 bean.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Thank you for the help! XD

If I try to increase my budget to $300, which multifx should I get? Line 6 HD 300 or RP500? Or can you suggest maybe something good aside from those. Or just save the 100 dollar for maybe a new pickups? haha

Thank you.
Last edited by darkhunter25 at Oct 22, 2011,
if you have a multifx there isnt a huge need to upgrade your pups. I just ordered a pair of hexbuckers for $50 form guitarheads.net so i'll let you know how those work out.
ive heard the rp500 is pretty sick
Pickups do make a slight difference with mfx units, but not that much.

Well, we need to know..

Will you be gigging?
Do you want a drum machine?
Do you need pickup simulation?
Do you need the extra footswitches?

The rp355 has a drum machine, pickup sim, and an amp a/b switch which the rp500 doesn't have. But, the rp500 has amp eq along with parametric eq, more amp, cab, and effect models, tap tempo, amp cab bypass switch, and more durable footswitches. It's your call on what features you will need.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
hd 300>>>>>>>>>>rat's potty 500
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
the zoom g2.1u really does do everything great. highly recommend it. with some tweaking u can get some sick real amp sounds. like nothing ive heard on other modelers is competes with. the hd300 would be the next step up.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
hey i posted a smiley can't you see
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
ux1
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Well, I really like the POD line. RPs suck unless your blowing it on the 1000, IMO. Boss ME is really really bad.

Why not just get one really awesome effect?
Quote by darkhunter25
Thank you for the help! XD

If I try to increase my budget to $300, which multifx should I get? Line 6 HD 300 or RP500? Or can you suggest maybe something good aside from those. Or just save the 100 dollar for maybe a new pickups? haha

Thank you.

I'd get the line 6. I like it more. Plus, I'm pretty sure that jerryC used a line 6 pod. So If you want that tone the line 6 is the way to go IMO
RIP Gooze

cats
I recently got the Line 6 HD500. I would say save a bit more and get at least the HD300. That way you do get the latest technology from Line 6 and they really have made a super job on the amp models.

If you want to hear my HD500 in action here it is. I used a Fender Ritchie Blackmore strat into a Line 6 Pod HD 500. I recorded and mixed in Reaper DAW.

If you like this please vote for me as I put a ton of work in. I think you will find the tone is organic and I find my HD500 responds like a real amp.

http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/79109

please listen and if you like it vote. I need to hang in till November 1st when voting closes.

cheers
"We lie in the Bluebells, a woodpecker laughs"
^The HD300 has a lot of limitations regarding usage of boosts/eq's/compressors/ effects etc.
the 500 I would rec over an RP any day. But the 300/400? Not really. Having to nit pick between a boost OR a comp OR a GEQ, and a delay OR a reverb etc is very irritating and limiting in nature (tried an HD400). Amp models wise, I daresay the HD and the RP are about on par, the HD being better in some (IMO the HD's recto sounds a lot better) while I find the RP better in other ways (the RP responds to picking better, light picking gets clean tones even on the high gain models).

Get the RP500, if you can streth your budget a bit, then the HD500.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
RPs suck unless your blowing it on the 1000, IMO. Boss ME is really really bad.
IMO... None of the above is true.
Cannot stress enough go try a Line 6 Pod HD

Loving mine
"We lie in the Bluebells, a woodpecker laughs"
Quote by NakedInTheRain
humour is not allowed in this forum. get the fuck out.

Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by darkhunter25
Hello guys! While looking around the net, I found out that zoom has a new multifx, zoom g3. Anyone here knows if g3 is better than digitech rp355?

Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txjE8hFMor8

I have only a little experience about Zoom multiefx, zoom 505 II. It broke down. Don't get one with plastic casing, it will break sooner than aluminium/steel chassis ones.
"You can't play fast unless you play slow"