Hey guys. I have just recently got a job so I should have some money rolling in sooner or later and I want to do some research on cabs mainly.

I personally play modern metal music such as Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine as well as some classic thrash metal like Metallica, Megadeth and so on. I also play in a couple of bands playing other forms of rock such as punk rock and classic rock. These bands are set to gig in a couple of months so I would need a decent amp for playing at home and playing gigs too. Based on my situation I am planning to buy a Bugera 333 head due to its high gain for metal and its versitality to play low gain stuff too.

So my questions are:
1. Do you think the Bugera 333 head will suite the many forms of rock/metal I play or should i get the 333XL instead?
2. Can anyone recomend me a cheap 2x12 cab to go with it? (£300 is my limit here).
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
Well if you are getting a Bugera head, get a Bugera cab, they are crazy cheap, and good for the price. Maybe get the combo to save a few bucks? instead of getting the head/cab
Quote by Pg.inc_music
Well if you are getting a Bugera head, get a Bugera cab, they are crazy cheap, and good for the price. Maybe get the combo to save a few bucks? instead of getting the head/cab

**** no Bugera cabs are utter pish.

TS buy this.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm

Loaded with v30s. An Absolute bargain.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Pg.inc_music

just no.
either get a combo or this cab:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm
or if you want a 4X12:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g412a_vintage.htm

since you havent bought the amp yet, i suggest you open a thread asking for advice regarding the amp.
if you do, dont forget writing your budget, music genres you want to play, location, if youre willing to go used and current gear
I use the 333 head with a Krank Rev 4x12 with Eminence V12's and I think it is a good combo. The V12's are a very smooth sounding speaker with no noticable eq spikes.

As far as will it work,Yes. I play Hardcore, Metal, Punk, Progressive rock/metal, Power-Metal, Classic rock/metal, Jazz and blues. Bands like Sick of it all, Strung Out, Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, AC-DC, Motley Crue,Muddy Waters, Lagwagon, SRV. And it does them all well IMO. I honestly never even use the lead ch, The Crunch ch as plenty of gain for just about anything.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks guys. I will most likely get the Harley Benton g212. I don't feel the need for a 4x12 just yet because I wont be doing any huge gigs in the near future. It should do me just fine

Thanks again
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Make sure it's the g212 VINTAGE

You're gonna want them v30 speakers
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
Make sure it's the g212 VINTAGE

You're gonna want them v30 speakers

Good to know. Thank you.
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
The bugera cabs really arn't that bad, they are not "utter pish"

They're no mesa's but for the price they're quite good.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss