Supposedly I have an "HD video and audio recording" on my lap top but I don't believe that shit at all. My laptop is some newer HP computer that was around like $700. I've recorded three guitar covers and put them on youtube but **** does the quality smoke ****. I know its not my gear set up because I'm using a relatively good amp and a professional guitar pedal. Compared to the sound coming out the amp and the videos its hardly similar in tone. What do guys?

I'll post a link of one of the videos if you need to hear it.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by captaincrunk
What you really need is a new amp.

But yeah, your computer lied.

I normally use a bunch better amp but it was at my drummers house. The weirdest thing is that it sounds like the audio is fading in and out and rotating
ಠ_ಠ
Well you're using a HP... They're fairly notorious for going wrong. A lot. Could be a driver thing?
And how are you recording your audio?
Don't you hate it when you're reading a sentence and it doesn't end how you testicles.

Did you hear the one about the boy with the short atten
Quote by TheKraken
Well you're using a HP... They're fairly notorious for going wrong. A lot. Could be a driver thing?
And how are you recording your audio?

through the microphone. I would use my VYPR if i had it with me and I could make the computer recognize the usb output for it but sadly my computer refuses
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by behind_you
I had this problem before. You need to reformat your drive.

I'm not sure how that would help it. it takes so LONG though
ಠ_ಠ
All the best gear in the world won't make the shitty built in mic on your laptop sound good. If you want good audio, prepare to sink a few hundred dollars into actual recording equipment, such as a USB interface for at least $100, a half-decent mic for about $100, a decent cable for $20, a mic stand that won't break within 2 days for at least $30, and so on.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Oct 22, 2011,
Quote by Saint78
Ever seen Marble Hornets?

actually i have, the college documentary that turned into a documentary about slender man
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by stefanomire
through the microphone. I would use my VYPR if i had it with me and I could make the computer recognize the usb output for it but sadly my computer refuses

The built-in mic? Well there's your problem...
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Edit: Disregard Everything I Just Said.
NO NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Last edited by IcanHasBass at Oct 22, 2011,
Quote by Alex Vik
All the best gear in the world won't make the shitty built in mic on your laptop sound good. If you want good audio, prepare to sink a few hundred dollars into actual recording equipment, such as a USB interface for at least $100, a half-decent mic for about $100, a decent cable for $20, a mic stand that won't break within 2 days for at least $30, and so on.

I WOULD use my peavy vypr. It has a USB output for recording and I do have some recording programs. My problem with that though is that my computer won't recognize it properly
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by behind_you
I had this problem before. You need to reformat your drive.

Reformatting his hard drive would do **** all except screw TS over.

OT: Most laptop mics are only good enough to record the most kvlt of black metal. I'd suggest investing in a good mic (Like an SM57) or a USB audio interface.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by IcanHasBass
No dude. Your gonna want to delete windows32.exe. That folder is useless and clogs everything up. ESPECIALLY if your using a HP. Good luck sweet prince.

I would rather remove my hard drive and rub a magnet on it, much more efficient for ruining my computer
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by stefanomire
I would rather remove my hard drive and rub a magnet on it, much more efficient for ruining my computer

A swift roundhouse would be more badass though.
NO NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
C'mon man, you can't expect a laptop mic to sound any good.

Get your vyper connected properly, or buy a proper microphone and an audio interface. Probably the first option is going to be far easier. It's probably a driver issue... go get the latest update from peavey.

The webcam on even a top-range laptop is only useful for web video calls or voip, nothing else.
Last edited by vitchb at Oct 22, 2011,
Get a real mic and interface. Your computer lied.

And lol at system32.exe
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Oct 22, 2011,
Your built-in mic is probably just shit. If you want to record your amp output in high quality your best bet is a proper microphone.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.