i have a webcam.and have the fast track by m-audio.i wanna make youtube videos using both.i tried using the mic with the webcam but its not good quality.
any tips on how to record the video with the webcam and the audio with the fast track?
and also help with recording covers with those 2?
please and thank you!!
What do you wanna record? Electric guitar, acoustic and voice, whole band etc?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Well if it's just you, you can download Audacity online for free and record your sound to that. And take a video with your webcam. Once you're done, you can grab the sound file from audacity or whatever you record it and match it with your video from your webcam and voila!
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
@hydra i want to record just guitar.covering a song with the song in the background.or bass.either or.not awhole band.

@encore so i can use audacity to record my bass/webcam/the song im covering behind it?
sorry for the dumb questions.im a noob at this.i see this people doing covers on youtube with audio/video and i wanna do that lol
well what you can is record your audio in audacity. While your recording the audio in audacity, you can record the video portion of your video on your webcam. Once your done recording, you can go to any video editing software like windows movie maker or imovie and put the audio file(s) and video files together and then export it from there.

This way, you get the clean sounding audio instead of the nasty audio that comes from your webcam. Also, make sure you remove the audio track of the webcam out before you export.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater