Anyone notice that Hot Topic seems to have gotten rid of goth,punk merchandise?

Page 1 of 4
I only go in there for the band shirts some times.

edit: and piercings.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Oct 22, 2011,
They used to sell cool band shirts, but now they just sell a bunch of scene crap.
havent been there in many years or heard anyone talk about it

actually the last time I've heard it mentioned is in the metalocalypse episode where they're trying to sell their souls to the devil and offer a $5 hot topic gift certificate in return
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Hot topic sucks. I miss the barefoot mailman.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Never been in there to begin with. I'll take your word for it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Within the last couple years, Hot Topic has really gone down the shitter. They just exploit scene kids now, since it's really easy to do. Also, it appears that they've started selling meme merchandise. I saw some Rage Guy and Pedobear stuff in there the last time I went in.
Quote by aCloudConnected
Within the last couple years, Hot Topic has really gone down the shitter. They just exploit scene kids now, since it's really easy to do. Also, it appears that they've started selling meme merchandise. I saw some Rage Guy and Pedobear stuff in there the last time I went in.

Yeah,i remember back in about 1998 when they had gothic merchandise,but it seems they have sold out.

You can't even find Tripp pants there. I found Tripp pants from Ebay.
They have some pretty good Pink Floyd shirts most of the time, even though 90% of the time they're Dark Side of the Moon ones.
Ordering online ftw.
I don't go there (I have bought a couple shirts there, but not in a long time), but I do end up having to go in there every now and then.

Quote by jetfuel495
Apparently they do get some decent LPs in there that aren't hot topic-core

This is true.
Quote by aCloudConnected

But this is also true. But what do expect from a store called Hot Topic. Every since I've known of it it's been about capitalising on whatever fad is going on. The whole thing just annoys me, so I avoid it.
Quote by Axelfox
Yeah,i remember back in about 1998 when they had gothic merchandise,but it seems they have sold out.

You should be thanking them for not selling those things. Those pants look so horrible and I feel sorry for the poor sods that wear them.
They've stopped selling Metal too. You'd be lucky to find an Iron Maiden or Slayer shirt in there. Metallica is really the only Metal band I've seen in there in the last 6 months. 2 years or so ago they were stocking Kreator, Sodom, and Destruction, so they've really gone downhill.
I don't mind buying the occasional shirt from HT, but goddamn do I feel dirty when I step inside that store...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Spiner202
They've stopped selling Metal too. You'd be lucky to find an Iron Maiden or Slayer shirt in there. Metallica is really the only Metal band I've seen in there in the last 6 months. 2 years or so ago they were stocking Kreator, Sodom, and Destruction, so they've really gone downhill.

I've noticed that too.

They have started selling Justin Bieber stuff. Note to Hot Topic "Get that Justin Bieber crap out of here!"
Hot topic goes by trends. their name implies it, my local one has tons of metal shirts, slowly getting more electronic artists shirts. They're pretty much the same

Quote by Axelfox

Look up visual kei, you'll find trip like pants that fit and look better.
Quote by jetfuel495
Apparently they do get some decent LPs in there that aren't hot topic-core

But I am way too old to set foot in that store.

It's the only place I could find the bunny the bear's CD.
Last edited by stratkat at Oct 22, 2011,
Quote by stratkat
Hot topic goes by trends. their name implies it, my local one has tons of metal shirts, slowly getting more electronic artists shirts. They're pretty much the same

Look up visual kei, you'll find trip like pants that fit and look better.

I already got Tripp pants that i found from Ebay.
Haven't been in there in a while. I get most of my shirts from Spencer's or Media Magic.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
They still havr gothic merch, they simply went with the flow and stocked up on 'scene' shit. Goth was when i was in like eigth grade, uh like 5-6 years ago
Who cares anyway, they only sell scenester stuff.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by JustRooster
They've got some good t-shirts in there, actually. I haven't been there lately.

I took those two things as having correlation.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Plus it seems almost every hot topic has gotten rid of the big gates at the entrance.
MERCHANDISE - IT KEEPS US IN LINE

Hot Topic is not for punks.

Even if they do sell Fugazi LPs.
They're so mainstream now....
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
I think the point of the store is that it bends with the scene culture, I noticed the whole emo thing moving away with the scene kids and they got more into the crap 30H!3 stuff then in pretty much mainstream crap, and Hot Topic followed right after. Which I think is the point of the store.

But I do like their pants, and I did get a Glassjaw, Black Flag, and the great Aim & Ignite records there, plus it's the only place that sell dye that isn't brown so they got some good stuff.
Shop online.

/Thread
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by stratkat
It's the only place I could find the bunny the bear's CD.

He said good Lps.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
They sell cool shirts, but I've never been inside.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I like the clothes, but I hate going into Hot Topic. I usually get band shirts off Rockibillia now. I was impressed with a Misfits "Bullet" Album/EP thingy on red vinyl they had.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Spiner202

Kreator, Sodom, AND Destruction? Damn, I've lived 3 states, and never has a Hot Topic sold any of those bands' merchandise. They still sell a lot of Metallica, Slayer, and Iron Maiden though, along with all those child-core bands like Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed.

Also, I also find some pretty good CD's and LP's there too, they usually have a lot of Death and Morbid Angel, and some old-school thrash too.
FLYERS GONNA FLY
Philadelphia Flyers: 47-26-9
where i live
they sell ymcmb stuff
and meme shit
and less metal bs

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Never heard of hot topic. What is it? And yes, I live under a rock.
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!
Page 1 of 4