I put the song Keeper of the Seven Keys onto my laptop from the CD months ago and it has always played fine...until today. Suddenly it's replaced the song (and none others on the album) with a remastered - or perhaps even rerecorded - version, featuring slightly different notes and accentuation to the solo and much quieter vocals which is really annoying me. Does anyone know how to get it to revert to MY copy of the song?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Rip it from your CD onto the computer again.

And there is an option to turn that feature off I think: Tools -> Options -> Library. The bottom half of that window has a section titled "Automatic media information updates for files". Mines set to 'Only add missing information', though you can turn it off completely if you want.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
I'm fine with it adding info, I mean it's actually changed the song - it sounds different, because it's a different version with different notes etc. I can't find any way to change it back, if you or someone else knows how to?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Delete that file and rip it again?
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by metallicafan616
I'm fine with it adding info, I mean it's actually changed the song - it sounds different, because it's a different version with different notes etc. I can't find any way to change it back, if you or someone else knows how to?

Delete it, then rip it back to your CD from your computer. It's not going to have changed the version on the CD is it? Then do as I posted above and it shouldn't happen again.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by frankv
That happening is pretty impossible.

Pretty much this. The only way that something like that could happen is if the file somehow managed to decrease alot quality wise, and that's not possible for a media player to do.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.