im scared to change the strings on my american strat as they are so smooth and awesome. i got them with my guitar so i think they are the stock strings. what strings could i put on that would be similar?
Quote by XaosKnight
I quote myself
Fender Bullet Strings, D'addario EXL110 or the best is Elixir Nanoweb Light Gauge Strings but they're the most expensive
Try elixers or Dunlops.
Quote by christfudge
Joe Satriani + Kirk Hammett = Joe Satriani

Quote by Vornik
I got really drunk, dropped some acid and found myself about 12 feet away from a black bear. Though you should know.
All Fender guitars come equipped with Fender stock strings (if not Fender USA). In your case, it's a Fender Stock (or USA) 9-42 strings. What major is your music style? If it's heavy metal, I'd go with Dunlop strings. If you are mostly a do-it-all guy, then a D'addario or Ernie Ball string set would be my personal choice. Guitars equipped with passive pickups work with any string models, as long as they are strung well and set-up properly. If this is your first time, I recommend that you go to a luthier and have him set up the guitar for you.
Quote by parhelia_0000
...If this is your first time, I recommend that you go to a luthier and have him set up the guitar for you.

Yet TS has a 2005 registration date???
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by AWACS
Yet TS has a 2005 registration date???

Sorry, what were you trying to mention again?