I play in drop tuning alot, solid body only, and with emg-81's if possible.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
ESP/LTD make some models with 81s in both positions, but otherwise you're probably going to only be finding them with 81s in the bridge and 85s(blech) or 60s in the neck. ESP/LTD is generally recognized as a good brand though, provided you don't mind the abalone a good few of their models have splattered all over them. xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Well peavey made some of the best guitars back in the 80's n 90's, they where USA hand made and crafted to perfection! I suggest a peavey mystic or a predator but make sure they are the vintage USA MADE GUITAR or you will get ripped off
Quote by Cloudkicker
I play in drop tuning alot, solid body only, and with emg-81's if possible.

I have a couple guitars that you may be interested in and I am down the road in central PA

Dean Vendetta 4.0 - no trem, humbuckers
Jackson MG series - Flamed fretboard, EMG's and Jackson Tremelo.

These are both in your price range (Dean=$400, Jackon =$500) and in MINT condition.

Message me back if interested - erik.jeffreys@gmail.com
Quote by Cloudkicker
cant afford a half-stack.

Why are you under the impression that half-stack = good amp?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Cloudkicker
cant afford a half-stack.

.....and?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by NewYngwie
Well peavey made some of the best guitars back in the 80's n 90's, they where USA hand made and crafted to perfection! I suggest a peavey mystic or a predator but make sure they are the vintage USA MADE GUITAR or you will get ripped off

lets not get carried away. Peavey's were machine made for the most part and not exactly known for perfection. they made a few really good models but overall were considered low to mid range at best. glad you like the peavey you just bought but you need to work with facts not wishful fanboy thinking. this is the kind of post that makes you look stupid and once again hard to take seriously.
http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar-ss15.html
Try looking through here, they dont do EMG's anymore but they now use Cepheus active pickups which are the same wiring. But for $500 you can get one major beast of a guitar from agile.
Quote by NewYngwie

i have a early 1980's USA Horizon II and it is a very nice guitar. picked it up for $100 and it is absolutely one hell of a guitar.

i dont necessarily agree with the rest of your statement though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by monwobobbo
lets not get carried away. Peavey's were machine made for the most part and not exactly known for perfection. they made a few really good models but overall were considered low to mid range at best. glad you like the peavey you just bought but you need to work with facts not wishful fanboy thinking. this is the kind of post that makes you look stupid and once again hard to take seriously.

+1 to not getting carried away.

monowobobbo - you probably see me around here enough to know i know a solid guitar, and my horizon is damn nice. also if you want to get intro the 90's/2000's the MIA Wolfgangs were very nice guitars. i have two.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
+1 to not getting carried away.

monowobobbo - you probably see me around here enough to know i know a solid guitar, and my horizon is damn nice. also if you want to get intro the 90's/2000's the MIA Wolfgangs were very nice guitars. i have two.

yeah they did make some nice guitars and even their cheaper ones are fairly solid axes. the Wolfgangs are certainly excellent guitars and i always liked the Vandenburg model as well. just wanted to make sure that newyngwie doesn't go nuts giving less than truthful advice (although i guess the ban hammer took care of that)
Quote by monwobobbo
yeah they did make some nice guitars and even their cheaper ones are fairly solid axes. the Wolfgangs are certainly excellent guitars and i always liked the Vandenburg model as well. just wanted to make sure that newyngwie doesn't go nuts giving less than truthful advice (although i guess the ban hammer took care of that)

yea i do understand your concern for your parading concern.

i am very pleased with my horizon II. the really nice feature is that after 7 on the tone knobs starts to blend in single coil. i like that the middle pickup is either on or off independiant of any other pickup, and the what i believe to be is a phase shift. IMO the horizon II has really nice SC tones, does kinda in between the strat/tele thing.

yea. i am contemplating posting a seeking ad on CL for 1980's USA Peavey guitars, fun things to have around and are pretty cheap.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
For $599, you can get an LTD EX or FX series, which are tremendous value for money. In fact, I will be the owner of one roundabout Thursday when the one I ordered arrives. I haven't tried Agile yet (really tempted to pull the trigger on a couple, though). So as things stand right now, I think the EX series could be the best bang for buck on the budget market for the metal player.

You might also looked at the used market.
Get an ibanez grga32t great in drop tuning sounds amazing and its only 326$ Brand new(tax included)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
yea i do understand your concern for your parading concern.

i am very pleased with my horizon II. the really nice feature is that after 7 on the tone knobs starts to blend in single coil. i like that the middle pickup is either on or off independiant of any other pickup, and the what i believe to be is a phase shift. IMO the horizon II has really nice SC tones, does kinda in between the strat/tele thing.

yea. i am contemplating posting a seeking ad on CL for 1980's USA Peavey guitars, fun things to have around and are pretty cheap.

good for you it's nice to see someone that isn't totally about the headstock name and just wants a good guitar. the higher end US made peavey's are a bargain these days especially when compared to gibson or fender.
Cort EVL-z series have a few in your range. Or shop around for used, you will find some very nice deals out there.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Try a Schecter Solo 6 Standard or a C-1. I own a Solo 6 Standard and a C-1 FR and they are my favorite guitars ever. They don't have legit Seymour Duncan pickups, but they have the Duncan Designed pickups (definitely not as good as really SD) or some have an EMG combo. I won't probably ever buy any other brand of electric guitar since getting my two Schecters. I love what they have done with their products.
Quote by monwobobbo
good for you it's nice to see someone that isn't totally about the headstock name and just wants a good guitar. the higher end US made peavey's are a bargain these days especially when compared to gibson or fender.

lol. i dont think too many people would agree with you on my headstock reading... i do have seven gibsons, so that naturally brings the anti-gibson brigade in, but i pick up a good guitar when i feel one and want one. if that guitar is hanging on my wall amongt seven gibsons, two MIA wolfgangs, a pristege 3550MZ, it must do something decent because i got a minimum of eleven other guitars locked up in cases throrought my studio.

i honestly think that that peavey is up there with my early-mid 90's Fender MIM strat (IMO one of the best MIM's i have played as i have had maybe six or seven MIM strats much for not a very long length of time).

as far as my wolfgangs specials go, they are much better than the EVH Wolfgang Special under fender's production. i have played them back to back.

but if there is a MIA Peavey that was in good shape i would jump on it. as i will when my phone beeps and says there is another listing on CL.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!