I am a beginner, and i bought a Behringer gmx110 75watt combo amp for 85 bucks from a friend and i am planning in a month or two to buy his jackson dinky with emg's and the whole nine yards for like 400. Do you think i will get a decent sound from the amp?
Before i bought it i played it with a friends Schecter hellraiser and it sounded pretty good to me, i meen no Line-6 spider halfstack or anything but for a combo amp i thought it was pretty good.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Troll.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by bluestratplayer
Troll.

Why am i a troll?
sunburst fender MIM tele
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Quote by Ghold125
Can't tell if serious

None the less, if you like the sound, get it.

Why wouldnt i be serious?
sunburst fender MIM tele
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Quote by Cloudkicker

Because it sucks and is really absurd that you'd say that.

If you like it then get it, but try some other stuff in that price range first.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Cloudkicker

I love the relevance of this question
What you really need is a new amp.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Get rid of that Behringer stuff. A Jackson w/ EMGs deserves a real amp. If you chose such a guitar, I assume you try to learn Metal. For Metal, you need an amp provided with a hi-gain stage. A decent one, at a decent price, would be a Peavey ValveKing 112 Combo. If you can get an used one, then it would be even cheaper.
My advice would be not to rush to get pedals right now. You need a good cable first. Try a high-grade cable. The cheapest I know is made by GFS.
Then you might think of pedals. I think Electro Harmonix has the cheapest good pedals. For the moment, I'd suggest you to check a Metal distortion and a compressor. The patch cables have to be good too, and the pedals should be supplied by batteries (it's cheaper than a DC Brick and it's noiseless).
^I wouldn't really call the Valveking a decent amp, and for the price range, there's a lot better stuff out there. Maybe 2 years ago when there wasn't has big of selection of low end tube amps, but nowadays they really do much.
Decent doesn't mean good. Its cleans aren't good and the speaker could be better too. But I'm not so sure there are so many better Metal amps in its price range. Your Blackheart might be excellent, but it's considerably more expensive. So are your Genz Benzs.
Don't forget our fellow is a beginner and beginners aren't so good at tracking the best offers or small American boutiques that manufacture excellent amps somewhere in the Far East, and sell them for peanuts. Peavey is something "safe" (I mean it can't be worse than it usually is).
The Valveking can't do metal without spending $200ish dollars in speakers, od pedals a tubes, which doesn't make it very practical for a player looking for a budget amp in the first place.
Quote by rv_phoenix
Get rid of that Behringer stuff. A Jackson w/ EMGs deserves a real amp. If you chose such a guitar, I assume you try to learn Metal. For Metal, you need an amp provided with a hi-gain stage. A decent one, at a decent price, would be a Peavey ValveKing 112 Combo. If you can get an used one, then it would be even cheaper.
My advice would be not to rush to get pedals right now. You need a good cable first. Try a high-grade cable. The cheapest I know is made by GFS.
Then you might think of pedals. I think Electro Harmonix has the cheapest good pedals. For the moment, I'd suggest you to check a Metal distortion and a compressor. The patch cables have to be good too, and the pedals should be supplied by batteries (it's cheaper than a DC Brick and it's noiseless).

I will look into that amp after i buy the guitar, I still think the one i have will make do until i save enough, surprisingly the one i have has really impressive gain and my friend also gave me a boss gain pedal. But you have givin me the best advice in a polite manner on this thread so i will befriend you.
sunburst fender MIM tele
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Quote by Cloudkicker
I will look into that amp after i buy the guitar, I still think the one i have will make do until i save enough, surprisingly the one i have has really impressive gain and my friend also gave me a boss gain pedal. But you have givin me the best advice in a polite manner on this thread so i will befriend you.

Gain is the most simple thing an amp can do. You need a good workhorse, with decent tone and easy to use. Behringers are notoriously unreliable, have cheap components inside, switches are lousy etc. etc. You need to practice, and the best way you can use your time is playing, not trying to fix annoying little problems. Good luck!
Quote by Ghold125
The Valveking can't do metal without spending $200ish dollars in speakers, od pedals a tubes, which doesn't make it very practical for a player looking for a budget amp in the first place.

I disagree. It has good gain and the speaker shows more of its weak points when played clean. Our fellow already has a booster pedal, so he'll get the Metal sound he's looking for. The A/B texture switch will allow him to get a decent overdrive without mudding the speaker too much, because of the SS involved. And a Celestion Greenback is less than 100 dollars when new. I guess he'll do fine, for the beginning.
(Do I have to add that I don't have a ValveKing?)