Hey all, I'm about to spend the whole of November in the US and not willing to spend a month without a guitar I'm taking my built-from-parts tele and a home made noisy cricket amp I'll be playing through the speaker from a Marshall ms-2. Obviously that doesn't give me much headroom as the tiny speaker crackles as it gets loud enough to do anything useful.

So I'm looking for a cheap, possibly even non-working beginner amp as long as the speaker works or a 1x8/1x10 cab. Don't really want to spend much as it's just getting ditched at the end of the trip.

I'm starting my road trip in San Francisco/Sacramento/Yuba City, but also in LA quite early on, so in that area would be great.
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
buy something used on www.craigslist.org then search through either orange county, sacramento, san francisco, or los angeles area. buy used, then when you sell it you wont take such a shit kicking

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/

id sell you something but i have nothing i want to get rid of. What price range are you looking to spend in USD, what sounds etc?
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Looking to spend no more than $30, basic 15W solid state PoS, not looking for any particular sound, if I end up not getting a sound I like I'll just pull the back off and run the cricket into the speaker
Ibanez WD7 Wah
ok gotcha. there is plenty. check that website though for used gear. you should be able to find a marshall mg. if you really dont care about sound/tone too much why dont you just get a cheap travel amp, that runs off bateries or has a battery adapter. i have one of those fender mini-tones. trying to get rid of it but it has 2-1" speakers. you def arent going to gig with it but it gets pretty decent tones
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

I have an MS-2 and a Noisy Cricket (both 9V battery mini amps) my issue is that I'm nor just away for a weekend or a week, it's a whole month and the tiny speaker just doesn't cut it for that long
Ibanez WD7 Wah
ya gotcha,
i just did a basic search and typed in max price $50 (because you can barter obviously) and "amp" as the keyword. not sure your intinerary but you should def be able to find something. this is what i found locally in my region:
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/2622358213.html
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/2655885669.html

List goes on and on. You should have no problem. That website is gold though, use it!

yeh, I was looking, cheers for the advice.

still open to helping a UGer shift something if I can though >.<
Ibanez WD7 Wah
not had any responses from anyone on craig's list

so trying here again... bump
Ibanez WD7 Wah
honestly craigs list will still be your best bet. just keep trying.