Page 1 of 2
Yeah its good.

The teachers come off better than the kids, unsurprisingly.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
It's very good yeah. Watching it makes me glad I'm not in school any more, but also reminds me of what I liked about school. Some great staff in that school as well, wish some of my teachers were more like that.

Also school girls are the worst.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Yeah its good.

The teachers come off better than the kids, unsurprisingly.

Yeah, it's actually a really nice school. I wish my colleagues were like that where I teach...
It's a load of bollucks.

Yes, I'm from Essex.

EDIT: By load of bollucks, I mean the way people will watch it and assume that's what every school in Essex is like and reinforce even more stereotypes than what The Only Way Is Essex did.

/bitter
Quote by Pezza8809
It's a load of bollucks.

Yes, I'm from Essex.

EDIT: By load of bollucks, I mean the way people will watch it and assume that's what every school in Essex is like and reinforce even more stereotypes than what The Only Way Is Essex did.

/bitter

What stereotypes does it reinforce?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
What stereotypes does it reinforce?

None really; I went to school in Essex too and having watched some of that episode, I have to say that they come across like pretty normal kids.
Quote by Pezza8809
It's a load of bollucks.

Yes, I'm from Essex.

/bitter

If you know people who think TOWIE is an accurate representation of Essex then they arent worth worrying about and are probably Scouse.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I went to a large comprehensive in a rural Gloucestershire town and some of the similarities between our schools are uncanny.
I just think the dickhead kids are made out to seem worse because of their essex accent

Good school though it seems. Headteacher has it going on
Quote by Tom 1.0
If you know people who think TOWIE is an accurate representation of Essex then they arent worth worrying about and are probably Scouse.

This is true, even just the people who watch the show aren't worth my time. It would just be nice to meet someone new, tell them where I'm from and not be asked if things were really like how they were in those shows
Really like this programme, as has been said it reminds me of everything I used to love about school as well as the things I used to hate as well.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by Craigo
Susie, how do you think this program does in representing schools?

On one level pretty well, but actually the behaviour was quite good compared to my experiences. At my current placement school the kids swear at teachers more I'd say.

In terms of the problems you get in schools though I'd say about average.
I thought this was going to be about sex education, not... regular education.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I prefer to think that the English school system resembles the settin of To Sir, With Love.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
This is indeed rather good. Quite familiar in many ways, though I left after Y7.
I watched an episode and half, but damn 4OD died on me!
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
I've watched a couple of episodes and it's really good. My secondary school was nothing like that though, everything from the lesson plans and the uniform is totally different.
Quote by CrazyPigeon
I've watched a couple of episodes and it's really good. My secondary school was nothing like that though, everything from the lesson plans and the uniform is totally different.

They didn't publish any lesson plans... Do you mean the structure of the day?
I don't like it. And I'm confused about their top set classes, all of them just seem like the type of people to push a pull door.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Is there jailbait?
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
They didn't publish any lesson plans... Do you mean the structure of the day?

It's kind of hard to describe what I mean, but that may just be because I'm hideously hungover.
Quote by padgea7x
I don't like it. And I'm confused about their top set classes, all of them just seem like the type of people to push a pull door.

Yeah that's the only difference I found. My school's top set, or top 3 sets never had behaviour as bad as the essex school. Not down to better teacher discipline, but the top set yr11 students were just generally more conscientious and mature.
Is anyone else from the states having trouble watching this?
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by ButtHurt©
I went to a large comprehensive in a rural Gloucestershire town and some of the similarities between our schools are uncanny.
I just think the dickhead kids are made out to seem worse because of their essex accent

Good school though it seems. Headteacher has it going on

What school did you go to? I'm at a large comprehensive in a rural glos town as well.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by PeZ546
I think it's in Harlow.

Kids seem way too nice to be from Harlow

/Hertfordkidsrepresent
I watched one episode and it was shit. It was about a group of girls that had fallen out over something... Oooooh, how enticing.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
I watched one episode and it was shit. It was about a group of girls that had fallen out over something... Oooooh, how enticing.

Watch a few of the previous ones. There's a very touching one about a y11 boy, Vinnie, who is going off the rails because his parents divorced and needs the school to help him.
Quote by Stugg334
What school did you go to? I'm at a large comprehensive in a rural glos town as well.

I went to Newent community school and 6th form, not sure if you know it?
Watching the one about the girls.
That blonde girl whom (I think that's when you should use 'whom' in a sentence) wears a ton of eyeliner seems like a Bitch.

Still, that's what alot of girls were like in my school
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Educating Essex reminds me every time I watch it why I should never become a teacher. I hate teenagers and children. I just wouldn't be able to control my anger. Hell I nearly got fired for grabbing hold of and picking up a 5 year old at work who was wrecking the displays because their parents were not doing a thing to stop the brat. Apparently its assault to haul a kid up by its arm and dump it at its mothers feet like its a sack of potatoes. I do not envy the job of teachers. My girlfriend is training to be a maths teacher, and honestly, it takes a person like her to do that job. I'd just lose it and back hand a child who is even remotely disrespectful. I prefer sitting in a lab curing disease.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
Educating Essex reminds me every time I watch it why I should never become a teacher. I hate teenagers and children. I just wouldn't be able to control my anger. Hell I nearly got fired for grabbing hold of and picking up a 5 year old at work who was wrecking the displays because their parents were not doing a thing to stop the brat. Apparently its assault to haul a kid up by its arm and dump it at its mothers feet like its a sack of potatoes. I do not envy the job of teachers. My girlfriend is training to be a maths teacher, and honestly, it takes a person like her to do that job. I'd just lose it and back hand a child who is even remotely disrespectful. I prefer sitting in a lab curing disease.

I'd be glad your not near my children, you sound like a prick.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I'd be glad your not near my children, you sound like a prick.

I know I am and that's why I avoid children where ever possible.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Page 1 of 2