I've just bought a 100w 3 channel Dual Recto head, and I'm currently playing it through a 120w Laney TT head (I think).

Any ideas on better cabs?

Also, I've not had a chance to play with one before today, and this one sounds really bassy? Like, to the point where I have it set on Channel 2, in modern, and I have Mids on about 11 o'clock, treble on about 4 o'clock, and bass on about 8 o'clock, playing a standard PRS SC245 through it.

However, I am at bedroom volume on the channel, can anyone tell me if this sounds like its functioning correctly?
Oh by the way, I forgot to mention that those settings are used with the bridge pickup on full treble, and I use that sound to play Am I Evil.

Also, I'm looking for a 2x12 preferably as my 4x12 is too big to lift in to and out of cars and buildings on my own.
Try using an overdrive like a ts9, its pretty much a must do with a 3 ch recto there extremly bassy.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
And turn your bass down way down, your using way to much lol.
dont boost your mids with that much bass all youll get is a muddy even more bassy mess.
Try turning the bass down around 11 oclock or less, keep the mids at 11 oclcock, treble at 2 to 3 oclock, presence 11 to 12 oclock.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by slipknot_420
And turn your bass down way down, your using way to much lol.
dont boost your mids with that much bass all youll get is a muddy even more bassy mess.
Try turning the bass down around 11 oclock or less, keep the mids at 11 oclcock, treble at 2 to 3 oclock, presence 11 to 12 oclock.

He already has it well under 11 o'clock. 8 o'clock is nearly off.

I hate 3 channels so much. Tons of bass and no clarity. Yuck.

TS, try a tubescreamer, and throw some EL-34s/KT-77s in there. It'll tighten it up a bit and control the lowend more, but you might find that you just don't like the 3 channels Also, I'm not sure what "bedroom volumes" means to you, but 3 channels need a good bit of volume to sound any good.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
It has EL34s in it.
So, use a tubescreamer and get a better cab?
Quote by Batnan
It has EL34s in it.
So, use a tubescreamer and get a better cab?

Or sell it and get a 2 ch.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Mesa cabs usually go well with Mesa heads. Also, Orange is really nice but pricey. You can get a cab that has similar specs to an Orange from Avatar for nearly half the price. And EQing has a lot to do with it as well
I hate my sig
A Marshall cab might be good. Could tame some of the bass. If you get a Recto cab, you probably want to stay away from their OS cabs.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
that laney cab's fairly decent (i have one). Not saying you can't get better, and you can certainly get cabs with different tone, but I don't know if there's any need to switch unless you don't like it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?