Page 1 of 3
Are these people serious? No, I didn't just stumple upon them today, but today I actually took the time to look them up and visit their website and holy shit. Are they SERIOUS? Like they aren't just trolling or anything? They have to be like the flat earth society, surely nobody can be this stupid?
pinga
Ya they're serious it would seem.

I once heard an interesting theory stating that they were a CIA operation aimed at preventing people from protesting the returning of dead soldiers to America like the anti-war people did before, because now they'll end up having to stand near the WBC people.
That seems far fetched though, these guys are just legitimately deluded.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Oct 22, 2011,
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Stop giving them attention
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Holy shit what year are we in? It's hard to believe that people like these aren't myths, they're real!
pinga
Quote by Kevin19
"In Sweden, bestiality is legal if consensual."

ಠ_ಠ

Two legs bad, three legs good.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Just a stupid pack of wankers. They should just be ignored.
Quote by Ghefly
Westboro Baptist Church? Nope, never heard of them.

Who here likes Amnesty International?

Good NGO, backed hard.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I kind of want someone to go and put up a "God hates WBC" sign on their door in the middle of the night.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
Quote by Kevin19
"In Sweden, bestiality is legal if consensual."

ಠ_ಠ

What's fun about doing something that's consensual?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Didnt read post, but creating threads about them is only furthering their cause, believe it or not. Stop.
Quote by Kensai

"Bestiality in Sweden was decriminalized in 1944 "

Fuck yes! Moving to Sweden!
Quote by Cb4rabid
Holy shit what year are we in?

We could ask you the same question.
PM me for newts
If i had like a week to live or something I'd let my gas pedal "stick".
YEAH! ಠ_ಠ
The only reason why they're so well known is because people actually pay attention to the shit that comes out of their mouth.
Quote by GAPendragon
I kind of want someone to go and put up a "God hates WBC" sign on their door in the middle of the night.

Phelps' compound has pretty good security.
Quote by Craigo
Not gonna lie, this is pretty damn long, but it's an incredibly interesting read. Bumped into it last year. It's one of the family member's account of being a part of the family and Church. He's now an atheist and isolated by the family. It does offer a disturbing insight to the family.

http://www.atheistnexus.org/page/nate-phelps-2009-aa-speech

There is a BBC3 Louis Theroux documentary about the WBC that contains similar accounts of stories where they have isolated those who have decided to leave the church. It was fucking horrible, these people are seriously repressed individuals whose lives are being completely destroyed. I don't hate them, I feel sorry for them.
Quote by goest
Phelps' compound has pretty good security.

And pretty much everyone in the family is a lawyer.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Ya they're serious it would seem.

I once heard an interesting theory stating that they were a CIA operation aimed at preventing people from protesting the returning of dead soldiers to America like the anti-war people did before, because now they'll end up having to stand near the WBC people.
That seems far fetched though, these guys are just legitimately deluded.

This
As a Christian person, Westboro Baptist Church is a horrible group of people. They are the reason Christians are looked down upon, because of their stupid ways.
Quote by BrianFantana
As a Christian person, Westboro Baptist Church is a horrible group of people. They are the reason Christians are looked down upon, because of their stupid ways.

Nah,I'm pretty sure you did that all by yourselves.
Quote by VillainousLatin
Nah,I'm pretty sure you did that all by yourselves.

I'm sure you have Christian friends who do little to make themselves look like bad people. Just as I, a Catholic, have atheist and agnostic friends who don't make themselves look bad through arrogant, elitist statements such as yours.

In regards to the WBC: I don't support them at all. Their teachings basically tell people that they can't have free will. Ever. I, once again as a Catholic, don't believe this is what Christianity is about. I refuse to believe that God would want us to be "zombies", and that God would, instead, like us to live happy, virtuous lives.
Am I the only one that noticed the tits in the thread title?
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by Kevin19
I'm sure you have Christian friends who do little to make themselves look like bad people. Just as I, a Catholic, have atheist and agnostic friends who don't make themselves look bad through arrogant, elitist statements such as yours.

In regards to the WBC: I don't support them at all. Their teachings basically tell people that they can't have free will. Ever. I, once again as a Catholic, don't believe this is what Christianity is about. I refuse to believe that God would want us to be "zombies", and that God would, instead, like us to live happy, virtuous lives.

Different types of Christianity made themselves look bad with their own unique way,WBC with their hate,Catholics with their "Holy Wars" and pedophile priests and such... every branch of christian religion have only themselves to blame for looking bad.
Quote by Craigo
Not gonna lie, this is pretty damn long, but it's an incredibly interesting read. Bumped into it last year. It's one of the family member's account of being a part of the family and Church. He's now an atheist and isolated by the family. It does offer a disturbing insight to the family.

http://www.atheistnexus.org/page/nate-phelps-2009-aa-speech

holy

fucking

shit

...and i'm only about halfway in

it's sickening what i'm reading.

Quote by Kevin19

well i don't have to point to it's people to call Christianity or Catholicism bad, i can just look towards it's authority figures and the immorality of their actions.

for example, millions of Africans are suffering from AIDS and Pope Ratzinger says: yes AIDS is bad...but not as bad as condoms! then goes and spreads the lie that condoms actually help the spread AIDS. this man is supposed to represent a loving, caring God by Catholic admission...where is there morality in this?

the fact that individuals are good or bad regardless of their beliefs is proof enough that religion in fact does little to change us as human beings and should therefore be disregarded altogether...but i digress.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Oct 22, 2011,
Quote by Kevin19

If by yourselves he means your individual sects, yeah, Catholics do plenty good of a job.
Quote by palm mute
Am I the only one that noticed the tits in the thread title?

Nope.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by WaterGod
The only reason why they're so well known is because people actually pay attention to the shit that comes out of their mouth.

(No offense, but) No shit. "They are well-known because people know of them."

Quote by Kevin19

Isn't that part of all Christianity, though? Theological fatalism or something.
Quote by due 07
Isn't that part of all Christianity, though? Theological fatalism or something.

If you're referring to Calvinism, which says that our fate is predetermined, then yes. However, Calvinism is not a factor of many sects of Christianity, including Catholicism.

Quote by waterboy799
the fact that individuals are good or bad regardless of their beliefs is proof enough that religion in fact does little to change us as human beings and should therefore be disregarded altogether...but i digress.

Although I disagree with disregarding religion, fair enough.

Quote by VillainousLatin
Different types of Christianity made themselves look bad with their own unique way,WBC with their hate,Catholics with their "Holy Wars" and pedophile priests and such... every branch of christian religion have only themselves to blame for looking bad.

True, but then one must assume that atheists also make themselves look bad through their burnings, hate speeches, etc.

Although we have different beliefs, I think we can agree that different groups, no matter what the beliefs of the majority may be, will be judged by the group's radicals, obviously giving a negative impression in most cases.
Last edited by Kevin19 at Oct 22, 2011,
Me and my friend jokingly call each other WBC members. Because that's all they are. A joke.
you're a stone fox
Page 1 of 3