basically put, i have the chance to get a new guitar, within a price range between £700 and about £1400.

i'm looking for an electric, and have been thinking about either a gibson les paul or a fender telecaster, i want something which sounds nice and will last a long time.

my preferred genres are mainly metal, metalcore and general hard rock, yet will also play clean bluesy stuff

my current guitars are an LTD M200UC, and a Jackson JS30 rhoads.

any suggestions or ideas on what i should get next would be greatly appreciated.
What amp have you got?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
a vox vt30. not the best but i'd rather be getting a new guitar now and a half stack later
A telecaster isn't going to fit yore style as much as the Les Paul. I'd go with the Les Paul over the tele, but I wouldn't recommend either of them. Get a Strat.
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!
Quote by ash__h
a vox vt30. not the best but i'd rather be getting a new guitar now and a half stack later

If your smart you could do both now.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
1. Go To Music Store.
2. Play as many guitars as time allows before they kick you out.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 as needed.
4. Negative Profit!!!!!!! (But you end up with new guitar)
Last edited by CodeMonk at Oct 22, 2011,
i was thinking about a strat, but if i was going to it'd most likely be an esp with a humbucker then two single coils. and i think i prefer the tele tone over a normal strat, i'm just not too sure
how is a strat gonna be good for his type if music? I Love Les Pauls But you and also look at an explorer they play so beautifully and are cheaper than a les paul too but you should go to the store and find a guitar you like by playing them. if it happens to be cheap maybe you can get your amp too.
The Les Paul would fit your variety better. Maybe try a Nighthawk. Les Paul style, plus the coil tap can be very versatile.
the gibson les paul traditional plus has a coil tap standard built in and its much cheaper than the regular standard that had that PCB inside it

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb