Hello , the problem is that the neck on my strat copy is a little straight , so it gives this buzzy sound when i play the 1 , 2 and 3 frets .... So what i'm supposed to do is "untight" the truss rod right?? the problem is that i can't untight it..... the nut is on the top of the truss rod .... so what can i do?? i need more relief on the neck (Btw , the neck had the perfect relief a days ago , but i don't know what happened ) i play every day....
Sorry if the explanation of my problem is a little messy ...... my english is not so good when it comes to explain some things.....

Cheers
Put on new strings, perhaps even a size heavier.

I don't understand why you can't loosen the truss rod though.
Quote by W4RP1G
Put on new strings, perhaps even a size heavier.

I don't understand why you can't loosen the truss rod though.

Because is way too untight like to keep doing it..... you can even see the nut when you see the truss rod on the top of the guitar neck
Quote by Miguel129
Because is way too untight like to keep doing it..... you can even see the nut when you see the truss rod on the top of the guitar neck

Well, if it's completely loose, then your only option is stronger strings. Your strings may be old and stretched out, so they are putting less tension on the neck. You may be able to a get new set and have it exactly where it was before the buzz started, but I would move up to a heaver gauge to be sure.
Quote by W4RP1G
Well, if it's completely loose, then your only option is stronger strings. Your strings may be old and stretched out, so they are putting less tension on the neck. You may be able to a get new set and have it exactly where it was before the buzz started, but I would move up to a heaver gauge to be sure.

Well actually the only thing that i did (if i don't remenber wrong) was to low the E string height which i did it yesterday...... i dun know why i did it lol.... btw i put the E string to its normal height today , it was when i noticed the problem.... do you think that if i increase the E string height it the fret buzz will be gone?? i see that the bass side of the neck is more "up" than the treble side.... but as far as i know is normal until some point right??
Last edited by Miguel129 at Oct 22, 2011,