I've recently discovered that I love playing in open D minor tuning and that its a wonderful tuning to write in. I was wondering if anyone had some songs or artist that take advantage of this tuning. I looked through the old threads and didn't find much. Thank you!
Last edited by ^-^ at Oct 22, 2011,
wut
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
I'm pretty sure he means drop Db/C# tuning.. But I honestly don't know of many acoustics that play in that tuning, aside from rock bands that do acoustic versions.

Buuuuuuuuuut, I'm probably wrong.
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Frontman 212R
Digitech RP90.
Unknown brand of my bass.
Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
D minor tuning
Wait what, have they put the pit in the Instruments section :O Seriously tho what's a minor tuning X_X
dropping the strings 1/2 step down. i play alot in drop tuning. i have a heavy heart and my musical choices follow. 3 days grace, a lot of A7X, there is so much out there. 3 doors down does a lot.
Most of Opeth's "Ghost Reveries" album is in open Dminor9 tuning, meaning DADFAE.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
If you want to listen to a good rant in D minor, I suggest, "Expresso Love" and "Tunnel of Love", both from Dire Straits, "Making Movies". Come to think of it, I believe, "Sultans of Swing" is in D minor as well. (Standard tuning though).

Then there's Bach's "D minor Toccata, "Dorian". (It's another D minor toccata, not the real scary one).....
Open D minor = DADFAD from lowest to highest string. Ewan Dobson's tune "Marli" is in open C# minor which just is a half step lower - try it out! If you not lack skill of course.
Open tunings aren't that new or crazy, why the surprised responses? Opeth use open Dm (DADFAD) a lot, and I know Mumford and Sons alternate between D major (DADF#AD), DADGAD and Dm (DADFAD), so their slower, darker stuff should be in that tuning.
Quote by ^-^
I've recently discovered that I love playing in open D minor tuning and that its a wonderful tuning to write in. I was wondering if anyone had some songs or artist that take advantage of this tuning. I looked through the old threads and didn't find much. Thank you!

hard time killing floor blues
Dlyan Ryche has a few songs in it, mainly Platypus in Sheeps Clothing and The Fate of Comets. Not sure why the random thread revival too but sure.
Quote by Fat Lard
post of the year, thank you
Quote by Jimjambanx
Dlyan Ryche has a few songs in it, mainly Platypus in Sheeps Clothing and The Fate of Comets. Not sure why the random thread revival too but sure.
I think I have the necro-bumps figured out, at least a little bit.

It's a catch-22 thing. Members are told to search topics before starting a new thread. Which kinda conflicts with the idea of letting sleeping threads lie.

In this case, since the thread is applicable to a current topic, why the hell not bump it?

Now when people start giving advice as to which guitar to buy, to someone who asked 5 years ago, that's a whole 'nuther story.
I use Dm, it is DADFAD, but the only song I know in it is Wine And Roses / The Red Pony by John Fahey (if anyones still looking)