So, they say that getting dust in the paint when painting a guitar is bad, amiright? I believe so. But what if one used some kind of dark-colored paint or stain and put, say, powdered quartz or sand; even some very thin and small plastic shavings? What would the result be, to all you talented guitar painters? Thanks in advance.

Also, if this is a good idea, don't steal it.
You'd need a hell of a lot of coats to cover stuff like that. Not to mention it'll be a bitch to level sand.

I don't even think it would look good. Small reflective metal specs look cool. Sand and plastic shavings don't.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Last edited by GunsNSnakepits at Oct 22, 2011,
Okay, fair enough. Little specks of metal, even extremely thin cuts of semiprecious stones, if you're rich enough to use them on a paint job... I just wondered if the concept would work

Although, that gets me thinking. I'm going to get some still or aluminum shavings, maybe even just aluminum foil, and try it, and post some pics.
Actually I was referring to metallic paint. Putting anything on there will be extremely difficult to finish. But I guess it might not hurt to see what it might look like. Just test it out on some scraps first, of course.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
that pic... the kind of paint reminds me of the 70's... not sure why
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"