Hey... I wanted to repaint my guitar, and the idea is simple and plain, its not flashy whatsoever. I want to add the Nerv logo and my favorite handle on my guitar. I thought about doin this cuz, well if anyone knows the Nerv Logo, its a half maple leaf with the words "If God's in his heaven, alls right with the world" Which is a quote I really like and agree with. My handle, well because I wanted to add a little bit more of "me" in it yknow. So, the idea is simply this, Sand this bitch down like you would when you repaint a guitar, paint the designated areas in red, and heres the part im not sure how to do, "stencil" the designs in. then spray the rest with a flat black, and seal with a non-gloss lacquer.

It sounds simple enough, except for one thing Im having difficulty with. How do I put the designs in? Not only am I pretty much spending all avalaible money I have atm for paint, sandpapers, and lacquer, but I cant really go buy a custom made hollow stencil I'm only gonna use once.

I could prolly cut a stencil of the logo, the words would all have to be cut out precisely (Im saying I could make a hollow stencil.) but, Im not that precise. I lack that..."delicate" touch. Anyone got any ideas for me? This is my first ever mod to my guitar and im reeeeal nervous about it. (if successful, I would like to get red leds in the pickups)
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
Quote by Iblis92
Hey... I wanted to repaint my guitar, and the idea is simple and plain, its not flashy whatsoever. I want to add the Nerv logo and my favorite handle on my guitar. I thought about doin this cuz, well if anyone knows the Nerv Logo, its a half maple leaf with the words "If God's in his heaven, alls right with the world" Which is a quote I really like and agree with. My handle, well because I wanted to add a little bit more of "me" in it yknow. So, the idea is simply this, Sand this bitch down like you would when you repaint a guitar, paint the designated areas in red, and heres the part im not sure how to do, "stencil" the designs in. then spray the rest with a flat black, and seal with a non-gloss lacquer.

It sounds simple enough, except for one thing Im having difficulty with. How do I put the designs in? Not only am I pretty much spending all avalaible money I have atm for paint, sandpapers, and lacquer, but I cant really go buy a custom made hollow stencil I'm only gonna use once.

I could prolly cut a stencil of the logo, the words would all have to be cut out precisely (Im saying I could make a hollow stencil.) but, Im not that precise. I lack that..."delicate" touch. Anyone got any ideas for me? This is my first ever mod to my guitar and im reeeeal nervous about it. (if successful, I would like to get red leds in the pickups)

You might try bringing a copy of what you want to a paint shop, they might have a stencil machine for stuff like that, for a fee, of course.

When I was in the Navy, the paint shop that painted our jets had a sweet machine for cutting out stencils. You could make literally anything you wanted.