I do not wan to go over 1100 dollars, but putting a lower limit seems stupid.

Used or new, I do not care.

I want something playable. Low action, no fret buzz. Easy to play stuff like Tommy Emmanuel. It has to have a cut away though!

Right now I focus a good amount on electric, but It's getting to be too loud for my living quarters because we are day sleepers and night workers here. But, I love the sound on acoustic and it will let me do some new stuff. I have a Ibanez sage series right now, I'm not a fan at all, but it was 75 bucks from a friend and so it's the only acoustic I have. I also have a great classical, but I don't have giant monkey hands, and acoustic is just different. So I'm gonna get an acoustic that I would not be afraid to gig with.

I might prefer an electric, I don't have an amp for it, but sometimes, I get uncomfortable with how some people prefer placement of the mic for guitar sound when the guitar isn't electric.

If it's not electric I don't care either.

I've looked at Maton- even though I can't find any to play here. These endangered australians aren't casual for us people in arizona.

I looked at used taylor 310

looked into guild

looked at Martins

I just can't decide on the best quality or shape. I don't mind dreadnoughts but any shape is good. I do have a decent case for a dreadnought shaped guitar though.

REMEMBER IT HAS TO HAVE A CUTAWAY!

Thanks for your help since I'm not very informed about the acoustic side of things. (I've been playing guitar for 10 years, most of which is electric based, but i have experience playing acoustic but the ones I have aren't all that great as far as quality go)
do you prefer a bright tone, balanced or one with plenty of bass and treble and sort of scooped mids? also do you prefer a narrow neck or one that's a little wider?

btw, ANY guitar can be adjusted to have lower action and no fret buzz, although a shorter scale neck means a little lower string tension, which can feel like lower action as it's a bit finger friendlier.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
do you prefer a bright tone, balanced or one with plenty of bass and treble and sort of scooped mids? also do you prefer a narrow neck or one that's a little wider?

btw, ANY guitar can be adjusted to have lower action and no fret buzz, although a shorter scale neck means a little lower string tension, which can feel like lower action as it's a bit finger friendlier.

I tend to like brighter tones. I really love the tone of Taylors. Guilds seem to have a good tone to me as well. Martins sound good too, but I would like my strings to articulate clearly, not be unbalanced by bass or treble.

I know any guitar can be adjusted, not always to both lower action an fret buzz- sometimes you have to make concessions- there's only so much you can do without having to basically rebuild the guitar. And I don't want to spend the money for that anyways. If I'm spending 800 dollars or more, I shouldn't have to pay for it to be further adjusted so I like it right off the bat. I should like it enough to play it where it's at and if, for some reason, it gets worse over time or I realize it could be better, I'll take it in to get fixed.
actory set up guitars aren't set up for their lowest action because some people don't like the action low, and some people - bluegrass players and hard strummers - actually like high action, so many very good guitars will be set up somewhere in the middle. i'd always rather have a personal set up done with my preferred gauge and brand of strings to make a guitar perfect for my exact preferences.

as far as a guitar that has low action out of the box, taylor is the only company in your price range that i know of that often - but not always - delivers that. sometimes takamine, too.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
If you like balance between bass, mids and trebles, you might want to check out a Larrivee LV-03. It has all solid wood, and a really good neck. With your budget, you are probably looking for a 2nd hand one. It is worth checking out the Larrivee forum if you are looking for 2nd hand ones available for sale.

Happy hunting!
Quote by Steve BP
If you like balance between bass, mids and trebles, you might want to check out a Larrivee LV-03. It has all solid wood, and a really good neck. With your budget, you are probably looking for a 2nd hand one. It is worth checking out the Larrivee forum if you are looking for 2nd hand ones available for sale.

Happy hunting!

I've looked into larrivee a little and they seem nice, I'm just having trouble finding some here to test because I know they're made in canada, but I know relatively few people with experience with them, let alone anyone that owns one