Hello, I'm just sorting out my rig and its getting more complex and I need a bit of help. Currently I'm using a JMP-1 preamp. I run it through the return of my fx loop of my Marshall TSL60 Head - so effectively bypassing the TSL60 preamp and solely using the head's poweramp. So...that's all fine, but for my clean tones I really want to use the clean channel on the TSL60 head. Is there any way i could set something up where I can carry on using the tsl60 as a poweramp but switch between the jmp1 preamp and tsl60 preamp instantly???

thanks
Sure.

Get an A/B switch, connect the TSL's fx-loop-out and the JMP1's output to it. Then hook the switch up to the loop-in. Stomp on the switch to switch between the preamps.

EDIT: You'd need a splitter in front of the preamps though... or maybe put the A/B-switch in the front and do the stuff in the loop with a Y-cable? I'm not sure that'd work.
There's also A/B-switches that switch several functions simultaneously, so you could do the splitting/switching for both the loop and the front with one unit. I'll look up some stuff.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Oct 23, 2011,
Cool, thanks, just to complicate things further I'd like the g major I'm getting to work with both! Any clever connecting stuff to make that happen too?
Oh, no idea. Maybe ask the guys in the DSP thread, they'll know more:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1415782

EDIT: I guess you could just have a switch after the outputs of your preamps and before the g-major, then connect the major's output to the fx-loop's return. That'd work. But with some luck, the major will have some nice routing options onboard, but I really don't know that.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Oct 23, 2011,
yeah id say the g major goes into the effects loop return.

the send and output of the jmp would go into the a/b box which would go into the g majors input

then you would have your guitar plugged into the input of the tsl and jmp via a splitter. then the a/b box would switch between tsl and jmp
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣