I occasionally browse through these boards and see the guitars people make, im pretty much obsessed with the aesthetic of a guitar finish though. I'm getting ready to repaint mine, and I've looked through the gallery of all those awesome guitars. Really though, Im limited to just painting it. I cant go making it look like I paid a thousand dollars for someone to paint it. (you lucky bastards know who you are)
Really, So far all i've seen that I think I could actually do is stripes. Also thinking of putting a round sticker on it and making it look like an anarchy sign.

But, Ive seen some really cool stuff that people do just with paint, mod podge, etc. I have no artistic ability to speak of, so painting free hand is not possible/wise

Tl;dr, can you tell me some unusual finishing/painting techniques that arent crazy expensive?

EDIT: upon re-reading this I figured I didnt make myself clear to you guys, my bad I cant explain myself very well. I meant like..oh well I saw one where someone used fishnet pantyhose.. I also thought, maybe... put guitar picks, quarters, etc and paint over them (for example, I dont think that would look too great)
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
Last edited by Iblis92 at Oct 23, 2011,
Quote by Iblis92
Also thinking of putting a round sticker on it and making it look like an anarchy sign.

Wait, you're obsessed with (presumably) great guitar finishes and you want to put a lame-ass anarchy sign on your guitar?

Come on, now.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Put a primer finish on it, and use a sponge to apply another color. Or, put wet paint over it and lay saran wrap on top, then crinkle it for a cool marbled effect.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Put a primer finish on it, and use a sponge to apply another color. Or, put wet paint over it and lay saran wrap on top, then crinkle it for a cool marbled effect.

I like this idea.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Wait, you're obsessed with (presumably) great guitar finishes and you want to put a lame-ass anarchy sign on your guitar?

Come on, now.

Admittedly yes, but the mental image I have is far greater than most may presume. I prolly wont do it anyway. And, just cuz im obsessed with great guitar finishes doesnt mean I got the means to do it. This is practice

No image of an anarchy symbol will ever be great.

First, it screams "poser" and second, anarchy would not work in the real world; it's a completely idiotic idea.
Quote by SteveHouse

Quote by tayroar

Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by 36mikeyb36
Quote by Sleaze Disease
No image of an anarchy symbol will ever be great.

First, it screams "poser" and second, anarchy would not work in the real world; it's a completely idiotic idea.

woo thanks for bein a dick.

Not trying to be a dick, just being the voice of reason; the truth hurts sometimes.
Quote by SteveHouse

Quote by tayroar

Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by 36mikeyb36
anarchy sign would look mad tacky, i agree with sleaze youll probs regret it. I really like shinozoku's idea with the wrap on it sounds interesting. :O
*puts anarchy symbol on guitar* *never plays in public again*
Do what you want. It's your guitar and if that's what you want then do it.Its you expressing yourself.If coins, zippers,fake eyelashes are your thing then put them on your guitar.Don't let people sway you from your idea.Do you think Zakk Wylde cared what people thought of the beer caps he nailed on his guitar.Van Halen and the truck reflectors.The turnbuckles on the his shark guitar.If you have a idea and you think it's cool run with it.
Oh and there is a post of a guy wanting to know how to put beer bottle labels on his guitar.