well im going to switch my LTD ex 401 DX for a jackson dinky with emg 85 on bridge and sa on mid and neck. with a top up of $200 accordingly

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jackson-dk2s-dinky-electric-guitar-w-sustainiac

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-ltd-ex-401dx-floyd-rose-electric-guitar
http://www.espguitars.com/esp2009/images/guitars/EX-401DX.jpg

i need your opinion on whether it will be a good investment.

im having some doubts on the dinky , it is a dk2 with sustaniac, it it got replaced with emgs instead . is the 85 on bridge in combination with the alder body a good marriage? can it dish out nice and tight riffing? and can the emg sa deliver good lead tones and cleans?

my main problem with the ex is that it's a riffing type guitar , with 22 frets and a limited access, i have a hard time trying to solo on the higher frets but on the lower strings as the strings are too high up and if i lower the action , it buzzes when i riff on the lower frets.

so will it be worth it. my ex is mii and the jackson is mij
I can't directly answer your questions, but I once owned an mij Jackson DXMG which was a fantastic guitar. Great action and access to the upper frets for soloing, and great for riffing and so on. I swapped out the EMG Hz that came with it for a set of DiMarzio pickups and it played and sounded great.

Personally, if I bought the DK2 I would leave the sustainiac in it, could be fun to play with. Also, this guitar seems to already come with Seymour Duncan pickups - the JB is a renowned metal/rock pickup so I think it wouldn't be of great use to replace it with an EMG85 if you want to do tight riffing and so on anyway.

My 2c...
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by VVolverin3
I can't directly answer your questions, but I once owned an mij Jackson DXMG which was a fantastic guitar. Great action and access to the upper frets for soloing, and great for riffing and so on. I swapped out the EMG Hz that came with it for a set of DiMarzio pickups and it played and sounded great.

Personally, if I bought the DK2 I would leave the sustainiac in it, could be fun to play with. Also, this guitar seems to already come with Seymour Duncan pickups - the JB is a renowned metal/rock pickup so I think it wouldn't be of great use to replace it with an EMG85 if you want to do tight riffing and so on anyway.

My 2c...

oh yeah i forgot to mention , the previous owner switched it because he wanted to try out the emg sa set , this also coincides with the sustaniac driver being spoilt. so the extra switches has been converted to a kill switch coil tap.

isnt the dxmg a budget series? but its still MIJ ? wat
Quote by VVolverin3

My 2c...

and another question , do you ever feel that the 7/8 body size is a tad small?
Quote by noobkerpal
and another question , do you ever feel that the 7/8 body size is a tad small?

It's pretty much the same size as every other superstrat on the market. The Jackson Soloist/Dinky body shape is the one that inspired nearly all of the others.
DK2 is a great playing guitar.

i can't comment on the EMG pups, tho. that's really subjective to your ears and whatever sound you like. i left the Duncans in mine and installed an EMG afterburner to boost the singles.
Last edited by rebar71 at Oct 23, 2011,