Hey guys, I've finally started to creep into valve amp territory. I've played on a few high end Blackstars (HT-100, Soloist 60 and Studio 20) and was thinking of getting one of these, probably the Soloist 60. However, I hear good things about orange and like the idea of a seperate head and cab and recently heard the tiny terror which wasn't too bad.
My budget being around £600, should I go for Blackstar or Orange?
I mostly play Alternative rock, Grunge and occasionally venture into metal (think Breaking Benjamin/Seether mostly)
The cleans are quite important as I have a Suhr Riot pedal on the way which should sort the distortion out. Also if there are any other amps within budget that react well to pedals, I'd love to hear about them

Cheers,
Mike.
Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII if you want cleans. Try and find one used.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Stay away from the Ht series if your looking for a "tube" amp. They aren't a bad amp, but they aren't a real tube amp.
If your looking at Orange, the cheapest I'd go is the TH30 which I'm sure is way cheaper in the UK vs. in the USA. They are $1300 new hear.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Nice, that sits just above budget so I'll have to see where I can get money for a cab from. Maybe it's time to sell my old stuff...
Quote by Cold Reader
Hey guys, I've finally started to creep into valve amp territory. I've played on a few high end Blackstars (HT-100, Soloist 60 and Studio 20) and was thinking of getting one of these, probably the Soloist 60. However, I hear good things about orange and like the idea of a seperate head and cab and recently heard the tiny terror which wasn't too bad.
My budget being around £600, should I go for Blackstar or Orange?
I mostly play Alternative rock, Grunge and occasionally venture into metal (think Breaking Benjamin/Seether mostly)
The cleans are quite important as I have a Suhr Riot pedal on the way which should sort the distortion out. Also if there are any other amps within budget that react well to pedals, I'd love to hear about them

Cheers,
Mike.

*snigger*

If you buy a good tube amp with a great dirt channel you will find that your probably going to prefer your amp to your pedal.

If you love your pedal that much, get a 2nd hand Fender of some sort.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
yeah i'm with tom. If you knew you were getting a good amp you should have held off on the pedal. Even those "boutique" pedals, you only ever hear people saying, "it sounds almost as good as a high gain tube amp's od channel"...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sorry, I meant the Series One 100, not HT. Also the pedal is for more options, like a clean, crunch and OD.
Also like I say, I'm not in a huge rush for the amp, I probably won't be able to afford it until a little into the new year, so the pedal will get a thorough use. The venue I play at has a Fender Blues Delux (not the re-issue) so I'll have to see what the pedal sounds like through there, I'm sure it'll be amazing and it's got the sort of halfway gain that I was describing.

Cheers guys, this is real helpful
They need to pay me to say this any more than I already have... Try Egnater. They're affordable, reliable, and have a myriad of great tones. They'll do just about any kind of music. Perfect for alternative, blues and classic rock. Give em a look.

Here is one of my favorite demo/reviews: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PckQHsDKrV4&feature=related
(there's a nice treat at around 2:50 aside from all the amp info)

http://www.egnateramps.com/Start.html
Quote by bpdeem
They need to pay me to say this any more than I already have... Try Egnater. They're affordable, reliable, and have a myriad of great tones. They'll do just about any kind of music. Perfect for alternative, blues and classic rock. Give em a look.

Here is one of my favorite demo/reviews: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PckQHsDKrV4&feature=related
(there's a nice treat at around 2:50 aside from all the amp info)

http://www.egnateramps.com/Start.html

Can I just ask, what's the thought process when bumping a month old thread? I am curious.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I just got a TH30 and a 2x12 from GAK (great amp) they will do you a deal on a head if you talk to them,,,Paul.