but i don't want jaguar tone lol i love the shape of them but they really are just the complete opposite of what i want feature wise. i want something i can use for high gain and drop tunings. the jaguar has a short scale neck so its not exactly great for drop tuning. i would also have to drop new pickups into it, which i don't really mind so much. does anybody know of other companys that make guitars with a jaguar shape? i haven't seen any around. i may have to end up getting a tele instead lol
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Warmoth might be a possibility, if you'r willing to put someting together yourself ..
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..
Yep. Try Warmouth. They have some decent stuff and you can either go cheap, or go expensive. I've come pretty close to building something from them a couple of times. If I ever do, I'll have them do all the finish work for me.
Quote by Erudhalion
Have you seen the Fender Blacktop range?

http://www.fender.com/products/blacktop/models.php?prodNo=014830

It seems to be better suited to your needs, although it still has the short scale length.

yea thats the guitar i was talking about swapping pickups in. the short scale length just worries me though.
and about warmoth, i just went on there and got an idea of how much it would cost and its not worth it to me for a guitar i still have to put together. maybe if i had more free time lol
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Goodtimes666
yea thats the guitar i was talking about swapping pickups in. the short scale length just worries me though.
and about warmoth, i just went on there and got an idea of how much it would cost and its not worth it to me for a guitar i still have to put together. maybe if i had more free time lol

the jazzmaster has a normal scale length, so maybe if you're not sure about the scale length of the jaguar it'd be worth checking out a jazzmaster?
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Look for a used Fender Toronado HH they are hard tail with 2 HB's.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Samhuinn
Warmoth might be a possibility, if you'r willing to put someting together yourself ..

Warmoth is your best bet. I was thinking about doing this exact thing with a jazzmaster some day. It'll set you back roughly $1000 though, give or take.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
I know one of the Devil Wear's Prada guitarists uses a Jazzmaster, on some pretty low tunings, maybe the best alternative for you.
Squier's modified range if you want something to trash, Fender Blacktop or the HH Special Jag if you want something decent quality right off the shelf, Warmoth custom build if you know what you're doing and want something really high quality.
Quote by Ippon

omg i love you, you just saved the day!
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by T.Bilson
I know one of the Devil Wear's Prada guitarists uses a Jazzmaster, on some pretty low tunings, maybe the best alternative for you.

nah no one uses a jaguar in prada, the bassist plays a fender though. the guitarists use schecters and ibanezes
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Goodtimes666
nah no one uses a jaguar in prada, the bassist plays a fender though. the guitarists use schecters and ibanezes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oymrknr2Pcs

Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by gucio93

damn jeremy didn't have that at when i was at warped tour lol i would have noticed. thats awesome though
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
I have the MIJ Jaguar Special HH and love it. really fast, great sounding guitar.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.