so i was wondering(again), if i were to take out the original crappy pickups, make a larger hole, rewire the thing with an emg 81 at the bridge and an 85 at neck, would that work out?
Have you ever heard the saying "polishing a turd"? That pickup is worth more than the guitar itself. Save your money until you can buy a better guitar.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
The Mythbusters proved that you can polish a turd. Can you polish a turd guitar? No. That still remains impossible.

If you buy a cheap guitar, it will always be a cheap guitar. No matter what you do to it.
Quote by KG6_Steven
The Mythbusters proved that you can polish a turd.

you missed the point of that saying.

the point is that you can polish a turd but all you have is a shinier piece of shit.

but no, buy a better guitar.
Quote by rickyj
you missed the point of that saying.

the point is that you can polish a turd but all you have is a shinier piece of ****.

but no, buy a better guitar.

Point not missed. It was humor. Read the remainder of my post and you'll see.
okay so . I have a schecter hellraiser with emg 81 85s and also a dean mlx (shitty 100 dollar guitar with passive emg's . sounds great) I also used to have an explorer with duncans (no not Gibson) but I really wanted to see how great emgs were.

my first guitar was a fender starcaster. and I am having a kid, and when that kid grows up I want him to have my first guitar, so I took that bitch apart, the crappy pickups in it did not cut it. so I put in a single emg 81 , and the potentiometers, and the wiring bus. I had to make a few modification but the outcome is actually unbelievable. pitch harmonics before 4/10 after ,7/10 , heaviness/low end ,before 4/10 , after 8/10 . gain before 5/10 after 8/10, the emgs really turn this thing around .
heaviness
Quote by 666Donovan666
okay so . I have a schecter hellraiser with emg 81 85s and also a dean mlx (shitty 100 dollar guitar with passive emg's . sounds great) I also used to have an explorer with duncans (no not Gibson) but I really wanted to see how great emgs were.

my first guitar was a fender starcaster. and I am having a kid, and when that kid grows up I want him to have my first guitar, so I took that bitch apart, the crappy pickups in it did not cut it. so I put in a single emg 81 , and the potentiometers, and the wiring bus. I had to make a few modification but the outcome is actually unbelievable. pitch harmonics before 4/10 after ,7/10 , heaviness/low end ,before 4/10 , after 8/10 . gain before 5/10 after 8/10, the emgs really turn this thing around .
heaviness

Thank you for the information, but please refrain from bumping such an old thread in the future.