so...i want a harley benton g212v but my parents are old fashioned

they think that all the guys on www are frauds thats why he never buys things online/keeps a credit card

i selected the bank transfer option and placed the order but i am yet to transfer the money
after a lot of struggle he finally agreed but he's kinda i don't know.... :Shrugs:

so i need you guys to share your experiences with thomann

positive negative both,can you guys please tell my parents that thomann is legit.. please

at the end of the day i'l make em read this thread to convince them

so please help me out

regards
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
they've been legit any time i've used them

personally i'd use a credit card because you have more consumer protection (you have in the UK, anyway), plus bank transfers cost a fee.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They definitely are legit. They're the biggest music store in Europe and most of their stuff is sold oline. Their actual store isn't even that big (I've been there a few months ago), so they make most of their transactions online.
They've always been good with me
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Well Thomann is one of the best online music shops in Europe. I've never had any problems when ordering from there, my friend's guitar came with a broken neck once but it was fixed in a couple of weeks

EDIT: I can see you're from India but that should not cause any problems, there's no reason to suspect that their international shipping is any worse than in Europe
Last edited by HaistaPaska92 at Oct 23, 2011,
Explain to them how we're in the 21st century and not the 1800's.

Im so glad my parents are'nt like that, if they were i would definetly have killed them by now
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
y not buy it urself?
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
It's just the largest music-store in all of Europe. With the best customer service I have ever come across. I order there regularly.

Online-shops of that size can't afford any bad publicity, because it spreads incredibly fast on the net. There is very little money to be made by occassionally ripping off people. There is, however, a lot of money to lose when your customer-base catches wind of any shenanigans. The internet is kinda self-regulating in this case.
Quote by peterocker
y not buy it urself?

i am 17 i cant take money out from my bank before i am 18 without my parent's signature
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Explain to them how we're in the 21st century and not the 1800's.

Im so glad my parents are'nt like that, if they were i would definetly have killed them by now

hello 911?? i want to report a possible murder
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Last edited by deepsal at Oct 23, 2011,
I've bought loads of stuff from Thoman, often they offer the best prices on music gear.

I usually pay for web stuff with credit card or paypal, I've never lost money on a deal so far.
Bought an amp, was broken, they agreed to take it back. Shipping turned out to be 60 euro, so they paid for that, too.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Use paypal, then there's no risk.

Ah, but internet companies are teh evil. Therefore paypal is evil, as is thomann, which means that if you pay the latter through the former, it will be double-evil! Gosh darn!
Quote by TheQuailman
Ah, but internet companies are teh evil. Therefore paypal is evil, as is thomann, which means that if you pay the latter through the former, it will be double-evil! Gosh darn!

you are talking like my dad now
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by TheQuailman

lol

this is hopeless
Fantastic customer service, very reliable and fast deliveries.

Your parents have nothing to worry about..
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
How much are you paying for shipping to India?
Or you relocated somewhere?
Sorry, off topic.
My dad thinks the internet is full of evil people who cannot be trusted.

Let's ask the internet to convince him that the internet is not evil and can be trusted!

...I'm confused. Is this working? If so, how?
yes i am from kol,india i will be paying 50euros for shipping to india
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by Roc8995

Let's ask the internet to convince him that the internet is not evil and can be trusted!

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Roc8995

yes its working actually!!
i am gonna show this to him tommorow morning lets see,off to sleep
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Over the years I've bought all sorts of things from Thomann. Always great service, it's German!

Anyway show your dad that Thomann is an actual brick&motar shop, not just 'internet people', who use verified and safe payment methods, and have years of good reviews and are the biggest music gear retailer in Europe... then this foolishness can end.
I have no personal experience from thomann because I live in the United States, but I've never heard a bad thing about them. Nothing but good experiences.

A guy I know from another forum once ordered a squier J bass ($250) from them and received a Fender Geddy Lee signature ($1000), I don't know if you'd consider that good or bad.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Last edited by CJ Noble at Oct 23, 2011,
they are fantastic.a little slow responding to emails sometimes but they always get back to u in a couple of days.i buy all my stuff from them now
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by TheQuailman
Double neg makes a pos nub
Quote by CJ Noble
A guy I know from another forum once ordered a squier J bass ($250) from them and received a Fender Geddy Lee signature ($1000), I don't know if you'd consider that good or bad.

At ts; I've never used them personally, but I've heard nothing but good things about them
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by TheQuailman

Two evils make a good, though.
Where's Waldo?
Spent hundreds upon hundreds with them for many years, never had a single issue. Prices can sometimes be a little high compared to other online retailers, but they seem to have loads of stuff that others don't. Your parents have nothing to worry about
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
If websites arent legit its usually pretty obvious.

The layout looks like it was designed by a 13 year old.
The payment process is through java.
Clicking the "verified by xxx" links takes you to a totally different site to be verified.
They ask for details that they shouldnt (Like pin/account number)

Thomann are fine. Even if they do steal some money from your bank or whatever, all it takes is a phone call to reverse it. Banks are more than happy to put money back in your account...

Tell your parents its the 21st century.